IGNORED

Old Farm Derby

cidercity1987

8 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Pukki makes it look so easy

8 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Pukki has been one hell of a find.

He illustrates the reason I feel (reluctantly) that City might miss out on promotion this season. He’s someone who can take one chance to clinch a win when your team isn’t playing well. A bit like, City fans’ favourite, Billy Sharp. I hope I’m proved wrong 

38 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Our “rivalry” with Swansea is significantly better than this...

Amuses me that Norwich and Ipswich fans think it’s genuinely vicious, they have absolutely no idea.

You should see some of the police conditions on it this year...

I work with an Ipswich fan and in isolation they are I'd say the 2 best behaved sets of fans in the Championship. Apparently they played up somewhat in the away end at Norwich last season, hence the conditions. Therefore you'd be surprised.

Dw-ToBDXQAE4BrS.jpg

Also see thread below.

Now it smacks of overkill but...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-46921689

Overkill or not, it appears to have more edge than you portray. No allocated away pub for Ipswich either today apparently- a pub was happy to have them but police refused so I read online. Perhaps Norfolk Constabulary are dicks however- that maybe the real answer? No alcohol on sale in away end either.

39 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

He illustrates the reason I feel (reluctantly) that City might miss out on promotion this season. He’s someone who can take one chance to clinch a win when your team isn’t playing well. A bit like, City fans’ favourite, Billy Sharp. I hope I’m proved wrong 

We aint missed out on anything yet.....

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

You should see some of the police conditions on it this year...

I work with an Ipswich fan and in isolation they are I'd say the 2 best behaved sets of fans in the Championship. Apparently they played up somewhat in the away end at Norwich last season, hence the conditions. Therefore you'd be surprised.

Overkill or not, it appears to have more edge than you portray. No allocated away pub for Ipswich either today apparently- a pub was happy to have them but police refused so I read online. Perhaps Norfolk Constabulary are dicks however- that maybe the real answer? No alcohol on sale in away end either......

Hmmm, I think the following photos tell you all you need to know...

1E1C453D-8AA1-4981-8BA6-F50AE662FAEB.jpeg.e8e819dc6501ff9ff02488ae3553d24e.jpeg

F169E6B6-BD8A-4374-909D-DA1024ADB6EF.thumb.jpeg.f8ee0e627a3ed502e21e6a2c3d65c53d.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Hmmm, I think the following photos tell you all you need to know...

1E1C453D-8AA1-4981-8BA6-F50AE662FAEB.jpeg.e8e819dc6501ff9ff02488ae3553d24e.jpeg

F169E6B6-BD8A-4374-909D-DA1024ADB6EF.thumb.jpeg.f8ee0e627a3ed502e21e6a2c3d65c53d.jpeg

Interesting Wonder why then, the policing, ticketing restrictions?

Ipswich fans you'll be surprised to know as stated seemed to cause trouble at Carrow Road last season. If it was a derby without issues let's say, they wouldn't have to kick off at midday on a Sunday. It seems less hostile than many granted.

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Then why the policing, ticketing restrictions?

Ipswich fans you'll be surprised to know as stated cause trouble at Carrow Road. If it was a derby without issues let's say, they wouldn't have to kick off at midday on a Sunday. It seems less hostile than many granted.

Then why no segregation in the ground?

32 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Perhaps that aforementioned trouble last season was an outlier- dunno, but for a trouble free derby, there aren't half some big restrictions there this year!

I would hardly call it trouble having a beer fight amongst yourselves 

Archived