IGNORED

Old Farm Derby

cidercity1987

2 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

The ref should have booked Stiepermann for his gross simulation. Horrible to see and stupid given the number of TV cameras on him.

Yes, and the commentators said it was good refereeing to not book each player.  I don’t care whether he defused the situation, because They should both have got yellows, Trev for the foul, Stiepermann for the dive and squaring up.  Funnily enough, Stiepermann got booked later, and therefore would’ve been off.  Earlier too Lewis dragged back Trev, they squared up, Lewis should’ve been booked fir the foul and then both should’ve got a yellow for squaring up, meaning Lewis sent off.  

I thought the ref contributed to a feisty affair.  I normally think he’s decent, but he lost control in the skirmish before h-t too.

A bit like yesterday, if the ref does his job properly and second-yellows Travis, we are 11v10 and Wright stays on.  Albeit having said that Pisano doesn’t come on and get the winner!!!  Dislike refs who even things up.  Just make the fight decision first off. 

4 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Don’t understand that comment. 

If you’ve ever spent any time in those parts you’d know it was a massive rivalry. 

The rest of the country would say the same about us v Cardiff 

Still shit mate.

6 hours ago, harrys said:

I would hardly call it trouble having a beer fight amongst yourselves 

I'd have to read up on it fully but for such restrictions there must have been more to it- not the whole story, is it...?

_100088102_de27-4.jpg

As it seems there was- light fittings pulled down, flare let off (think some of ours let one off at Blackburn too). 12 arrests in this derby at Norwich last year- not small these days.

I still would consider looking on from the outside the restrictions to be OTT but it wasn't just a beer fight, was it?

On 10/02/2019 at 14:23, BRISTOL86 said:

Don’t understand that comment. 

If you’ve ever spent any time in those parts you’d know it was a massive rivalry. 

The rest of the country would say the same about us v Cardiff 

Anyone in the know would be well aware that Bristol City v Cardiff City is and has been over the years an extremely violent and hostile rivalry, you would be naive to think otherwise.

Archived