IGNORED

Midweek Games

wendyredredrobin

Whilst we have QPR and hopefully another 3 points, WBA have a tricky fixture against Forest and Sheff Utd host Boro which must result in one or both of them dropping points.

The table could look even better by Wednesday night.

A full Championship program covering Tues & Wed to keep an eye on, though I don't expect Leeds, Norwich or Derby to slip up.

35 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Whilst we have QPR and hopefully another 3 points, WBA have a tricky fixture against Forest and Sheff Utd host Boro which must result in one or both of them dropping points.

The table could look even better by Wednesday night.

A full Championship program covering Tues & Wed to keep an eye on, though I don't expect Leeds, Norwich or Derby to slip up.

I've been watching City a long, long time. I won't be counting the points until we are certain, I've seen it all too often.

But ?

4 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

TBF that would take a bad run of form .

QPR seem to be going for it - one point from the last five games. Five games ago we were below them, but we’ve made up fourteen points and now are eleven points clear of them.

Lets hope we don’t start their revival!

13 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

You can pretty much discount relegation now mind .

Just you wait.

Villa will be £30m over ffp and will get a £10m fine.

We will be overspent by £30 on toilet rolls and will be given a 35 points deduction.

Oh and they will give Bailey Wright a 6 game suspension for not doing the sums correctly

and because he's Bailey Wright

and because he plays for Bristol City.

22 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Hope we won't have to jump through too many hoops to beat them.

Hopefully an opportunity to boost our goal difference ?

Was intending to watch Man U v PSG until our game was moved.

Hope the players aren’t as over confident as you appear to be!  Sure they won’t be either. Will be another tough game and we’ll need to be right at it. 

34 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Just you wait.

Villa will be £30m over ffp and will get a £10m fine.

We will be overspent by £30 on toilet rolls and will be given a 35 points deduction.

Oh and they will give Bailey Wright a 6 game suspension for not doing the sums correctly

and because he's Bailey Wright

and because he plays for Bristol City.

And Diedhiou will get a six game ban because llamas spit.

I strongly suspect that Lj will be making sure the players are not getting ahead of themselves and they certainly won't be taking QPR lightly.

A few have commented about the players' reaction on the pitch after the Blackburn game. Although they were understandably delighted, there was little sign of overreaction or histrionics and you sensed they were professional and keeping their feet on the ground. In this respect LJ is probably the ideal man to have in charge as he is not prone to over the to overreaction ( apart from Europe on 5 years!) and am sure he will keep the squad focussed and professional.

They've had to perform out of their skins just to catch up the leading bunch and will need to keep doing so if they are to make inroads into the top 6. They will only do that by keeping on doing the things they have been doing for the last few months. By doing so, it will make it easier to cope with the reaction to the first setback we encounter in the current run - as we surely will.

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

Best we put them out of their misery then.

2 Rover's fans are out in the Canadian forest when they are attacked by a Bear, which mauls Nigel badly and leaves him motionless on the forest floor.His friend Roger runs a hundred yards back to camp gets his phone and calls the forest ranger.

"How can I help" asks the ranger.

" It's my friend Nigel", says Roger, " he's been mauled by a bear and I think he's dead. What do I do?"

" The first thing is to make sure he's dead" replies the ranger.

There is silence on the phone for a minute or so, and then the ranger hears a gunshot in the distance.

Roger comes back on the phone, "done that" he says, "what do I do next!"

Archived