IGNORED

Next 5 games will define our season

headhunter

After those next 5 we'll have the enforced break before a final 10 games in a 36 days period [30 March - 5 May].

Will the players go on a mid-Spring break to, say, Marbella? If yes then I would get it out of the way at the beginning of the period,  say 14/3-21/3 , so they have 8 days of normal climate training before the Sheffield Utd game.

But back on topic, this is how I see it:

0-1-0-0-3 = 57 points,  18 required with 10 games to go to reach 75 - BIG ASK

1-3-0-1-3 = 61 points, 14 required with 10 games to go to reach 75 - hold on to your hats!

25 minutes ago, headhunter said:

After those next 5 we'll have the enforced break before a final 10 games in a 36 days period [30 March - 5 May].

Will the players go on a mid-Spring break to, say, Marbella? If yes then I would get it out of the way at the beginning of the period,  say 14/3-21/3 , so they have 8 days of normal climate training before the Sheffield Utd game.

But back on topic, this is how I see it:

0-1-0-0-3 = 57 points,  18 required with 10 games to go to reach 75 - BIG ASK

1-3-0-1-3 = 61 points, 14 required with 10 games to go to reach 75 - hold on to your hats!

So, 8 points from the next 5 games is a sensible target? Tough, but possible.

22 minutes ago, mozo said:

So, 8 points from the next 5 games is a sensible target? Tough, but possible.

Possible for sure but other Championship results will play a huge factor in where City finish so the next 5 games won’t neccessarily define our season.

I think some of it will depend on who we get results against. I don’t like predicting results, but if you offered me 3 points from the next two games I’d rather beat Norwich and lose to Brum than the other way around. 

Those 6 pointers could play a huge part. 

In contrast getting 9 points (or at least 7) from the home games versus Ipswich, Reading and Wigan would be momentum builders if we don’t get results against teams in the preceding  fixture  

But no doubt City will make in nervy!!

23 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think some of it will depend on who we get results against. I don’t like predicting results, but if you offered me 3 points from the next two games I’d rather beat Norwich and lose to Brum than the other way around. 

In contrast getting 9 points (or at least 7) from the home games versus Ipswich, Reading and Wigan would be momentum builders if we don’t get results against teams in the preceding  fixture  

TRUST your Johnson.

:whistle2:

32 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s totally in our own hands. We’ve got to play all the teams around us in the league, every three points we pick up against Derby , Boro etc     are massive. 

I think top two is beyond us, but top six is definitely achievable and if we finish in those position we’ll deserve to

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Surely that’s the minimum  we should be doing if we are serious promotion contenders ? 

The crucial if! 

Yeah 2 points per game is promotion form so 10 points would be impressive. 

8 points is good enough form to stay in the playoff mix.

Before anyone says it...yes we will be targeting 15 points!

Imo we need to be winning at minimum two of our home games and drawing one of the other 3. 7 points would put us on 60 with 30 points to play for. Take half those points and 75 should be enough for top 6. Tough but doable. I question whether we have the goals in the squad to maintain that pace however. 

15 minutes ago, daored said:

I think top two is beyond us, but top six is definitely achievable and if we finish in those position we’ll deserve to

Top 2 isn’t beyond us, at the moment. IF we were to beat Norwich on Saturday and win our games in hand, it’s very possible. 

Lose to Norwich and I agree that it’s a battle to secure a play off spot at best. 

Buckle up.. it’s going to be interesting..! 

33 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Top 2 isn’t beyond us, at the moment. IF we were to beat Norwich on Saturday and win our games in hand, it’s very possible. 

Lose to Norwich and I agree that it’s a battle to secure a play off spot at best. 

On the IF scale, that's closer to the unicorn end than the written in stone end!

Had you said to me that we just need to draw away at Norwich and win one of our games in hand, I'd think, yeah we can do that.

But beat Norwich away, win two games in hand and finish the season strongly...that's too much for my tiny reserves of optimism.

9 minutes ago, mozo said:

On the IF scale, that's closer to the unicorn end than the written in stone end!

Had you said to me that we just need to draw away at Norwich and win one of our games in hand, I'd think, yeah we can do that.

But beat Norwich away, win two games in hand and finish the season strongly...that's too much for my tiny reserves of optimism.

And you are probably going to be the one who’s correct, however, until those possible results have passed us by, there is the chance of still challenging the top 2.

Unlikely, yes - but currently possible ? 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

And you are probably going to be the one who’s correct, however, until those possible results have passed us by, there is the chance of still challenging the top 2.

It's not even that unlikely. 

(I don't believe it will happen, think we'll just fall short of playoffs).

We have everyone around us to play. So everything is in our hands even if we don't win the 2 games in hand.

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Why do you think if we lose Saturday, plays offs will be a battle ?

4 minutes ago, daored said:

Why do you think if we lose Saturday, plays offs will be a battle ?

I didn’t mean that. I mean we will be fighting for play offs, rather than having a hopeful eye on 2nd place. 

However saying that, I DO think we have a battle on our hands to finish in the play offs, simply because of our remaining fixtures. IF we do finish top 6, then we really will have earned it the hard way, from this point on. 

7 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I didn’t mean that. I mean we will be fighting for play offs, rather than having a hopeful eye on 2nd place. 

However saying that, I DO think we have a battle on our hands to finish in the play offs, simply because of our remaining fixtures. IF we do finish top 6, then we really will have earned it the hard way, from this point on. 

Sorry pal, read the wrong way round!

Totally agree, we will have earnt it the hard way if we achieve top six. I guess it’s better to be in our position, the boost it will give the players if we achieve top six will be huge and will certainly give us confidence going into any game we may play 

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Well...if we beat Norwich I'll definitely change my tune!

To be honest, 2 points a game given the run we have been on, is achievable . That said, it is the Championship and on any given day etc, etc.

In the pic below (I know it's 6) , there are 3 tough games , an awkward game at Millwall (how big COULD this be ?) and 2 winnable home games. 
Whatever happens, if we can somehow keep up our recent form it will be an interesting/enjoyable end to the season.

We have though, reached 'THAT" point. We've lost one and could easily lose Saturday and then we're looking at one of those runs. Conversely , draw Saturday, beat Brum and I will be seriously looking at the points gap to the top 2.

Screenshot 2019-02-20 at 17.50.59.png

From those 6 games I think we will beat brum and Ipswich at home, probably draw with Leeds, our away form is very good so can see us winning one of those possibly Preston for a change, draw at Millwall, Saturday is very tough can see a defeat unfortunately if that happens its crucial to bounce back against Brum, 11 points for me from that 6 and that would be a very decent return and I'm a very pessimistic person.

12 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

We have to beat Brum and Ipswich at home. Add into that a couple of draws and an 8 point return from that run of games wouldn’t be bad. I’m expecting us to drop out of the top 6 during this next run of games but we should still be in with a shout. 

We need seven more wins from our last fifteen matches to historically guarantee a top six finish.

It is very much on but it doesn’t matter where those wins come from .

There is still everything to play for .

Archived