IGNORED

anyone had your phone number spoofed?

slartibartfast

This morning phones (landline) been ringing off the wall, don't answer as I don't recognize the numbers. Getting a lot of messages saying....."You rang ?" etc. Some devious ***** have hacked my phone number and are ringing random people using my number!

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else, and what you can do ?

Contacted Virgin, worse than useless, just suggested changing my number !

19 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

This morning phones (landline) been ringing off the wall, don't answer as I don't recognize the numbers. Getting a lot of messages saying....."You rang ?" etc. Some devious ***** have hacked my phone number and are ringing random people using my number!

I would imagine they will move onto using a different number soon enough. I doubt you have been hacked, just a system using a random number to hide behind and happens to have picked yours.

Not sure there's a lot that can be done except wait until they move on.

4 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I would imagine they will move onto using a different number soon enough. I doubt you have been hacked, just a system using a random number to hide behind and happens to have picked yours.

Not sure there's a lot that can be done except wait until they move on.

Yes, hasn't  rung for an hour or so, maybe picked on another unlucky bastard !

13 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Yes, had the same thing here in Canada, luckily for me my phone provider sorted it out, how I don't know unfortunately 

Archived