IGNORED

Team for Saturday

daored

8 hours ago, daored said:

Really interesting to see how Lee sets us up on Saturday, also unclear if Mäenpää will  be fit. 

Mäenpää

Hunt Kalas Webster DaSilva

O'Dowda Brownhill Pack Weimann 

Paterson

Diédhiou

I can’t see Johnson starting Semenyo,  but imagine he will get game time at some stage (wouldn’t be surprised it starts Tuesday against Ipswich). I personally think this could be a game for Taylor to start to chase the Leeds backline and stop them building from the back 

Thoughts?

Taylor to come on and wind up their defence and disrupt them and Fam to score the winner off his backside from a yard out

3 hours ago, alaw said:

your spot on pal, the interaction of all the team gives us flexibility with our formation within a game, I just hope you lads don't sit back and try slow the game down, that is when we struggle. but Bielsa does speak better english than he lets on, he seems a very reserved type of bloke and very humble to even be involved in English football.

I have been impressed with how you lads have played this season to be honest I thought you gave Norwich a right game.

Trust me I can’t see us sitting back and trying to deny space to your players. LJ will have a plan to disrupt your defensive line and in Taylor we have the king of wind up merchants who will have great fun playing silly buggers with your central defenders. It could be quite entertaining and lively - plenty of cards flying about and an atmosphere to suit - we can’t wait!!

3 hours ago, INCRED said:

Trust me I can’t see us sitting back and trying to deny space to your players. LJ will have a plan to disrupt your defensive line and in Taylor we have the king of wind up merchants who will have great fun playing silly buggers with your central defenders. It could be quite entertaining and lively - plenty of cards flying about and an atmosphere to suit - we can’t wait!!

Who was the player who got sent off with Taylor last season ?

34 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Here's a revolutionary idea. Be positive , get into playing our game as quickly as possible. Start with attacking football instead of playing hopefully. Put Semenyo on up front with Fammy and get the lead. Those 2 are dynamite together

Interesting... I like your plan, but could we just make it a lot more negative?

Get at Phillips early and crock him and all of a sudden, they have no protection in midfield. He's key to their style of play.

will be a very tough game and one worth considering coming away at least without losing given Derby have closed up on us.

would be happy with 4 points from Leeds and Ipswich.

18 hours ago, mozo said:

My concern is that we have struggled this season with teams that press us, which I presume Leeds will? 

In which case, will we take the game to them or will we play more of a counter-attacking game?

Yes,Leeds will press us!

It's interesting that they play a style that demands 'such a level of physical effort/energy yet have clearly not vaguely begun to run out of steam..

Maybe sourcing a decent bottle of red (teho grand cru-2014?) for Bielsa would be sound investment for our Lee ??....keeping 'busy bees' from falling away could be the topic..

56 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Wonder if Pato will go left and Semenyo play as the link alongside Fam. 

I think LJ might leave CoD on the bench. He hasn’t been impressed with CoDs contributions off the ball in recent matches plus his contract situation....

If he does leave him out it’ll be a question of who takes his place.....Eliasson maybe.......Semenyo?........:dunno:

If Semenyo gets a start against Leeds not even Bielsa will know much about what he could bring......

This might be a game that would suit Semenyo up top with Diedhiou actually, going a bit more direct in order to negate their pressing. But I wouldn't be surprised if we stick to what's served us so well and have that as a Plan B around the hour mark or something

39 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I think LJ might leave CoD on the bench. He hasn’t been impressed with CoDs contributions off the ball in recent matches plus his contract situation....

If he does leave him out it’ll be a question of who takes his place.....Eliasson maybe.......Semenyo?........:dunno:

If Semenyo gets a start against Leeds not even Bielsa will know much about what he could bring......

Equally though, surely LJ will be concerned with Semenyo's limited integration with our approach without the ball. Defensive shape, tracking,  transition etc?

31 minutes ago, mozo said:

Equally though, surely LJ will be concerned with Semenyo's limited integration with our approach without the ball. Defensive shape, tracking,  transition etc?

Indeed.....and he hinted at that in yesterday’s press conference. 

Its very likely that Semenyo will be used as an impact sub coming on as he did at Deepdale when the opposition defenders are fatigued.

20 hours ago, BessexRED said:

It was a genuine statement pal, he will get some stick and he won't give a shit, but it was a statement that I thought would just add to the atmosphere on Saturday, some of your lads and lasses on here took it a bit too serious.

I will remind myself to be more sensitive if I post on here in future, I can talk football all day and I have been impressed with how you lads play, even at ER you came and give us a game until one of your lads got sent off. I thought you should have beat Norwich and you have already beat Sheff united I think so you have given all the top three a game, Saturday could go either way.

10 hours ago, BOSRed said:

Get at Phillips early and crock him and all of a sudden, they have no protection in midfield. He's key to their style of play.

will be a very tough game and one worth considering coming away at least without losing given Derby have closed up on us.

would be happy with 4 points from Leeds and Ipswich.

I think we have Forshaw back for Saturday although on the bench I'd have thought, so he would step into Phillips shoes but personally i think Phillips is way ahead.

23 hours ago, BessexRED said:

Agreed, I'd like to see Eliasson up against him.

Diedhiou would be wise to pick a battle with Cooper and not Jansson as well.

Cooper as been solid this year but can lash out now and again although he seems to have matured this season

5 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

Yes,Leeds will press us!

It's interesting that they play a style that demands 'such a level of physical effort/energy yet have clearly not vaguely begun to run out of steam..

Maybe sourcing a decent bottle of red (teho grand cru-2014?) for Bielsa would be sound investment for our Lee ??....keeping 'busy bees' from falling away could be the topic..

I'm a tactical novice so I Googled how to beat a high press and the primary suggestion was you need confident passing midfielders that can thread the ball through the press. In theory Pack should be ideal for that.

25 minutes ago, alaw said:

It was a genuine statement pal, he will get some stick and he won't give a shit, but it was a statement that I thought would just add to the atmosphere on Saturday, some of your lads and lasses on here took it a bit too serious.

I will remind myself to be more sensitive if I post on here in future, I can talk football all day and I have been impressed with how you lads play, even at ER you came and give us a game until one of your lads got sent off. I thought you should have beat Norwich and you have already beat Sheff united I think so you have given all the top three a game, Saturday could go either way.

If I went onto WACCOE and told everyone that Luke Ayling was going to get a bad reception everyone would be telling me to do one equally.

24 minutes ago, alaw said:

I think we have Forshaw back for Saturday although on the bench I'd have thought, so he would step into Phillips shoes but personally i think Phillips is way ahead.

Fraudshaw wasn't it last month amongst Leeds fans?

40 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

If I went onto WACCOE and told everyone that Luke Ayling was going to get a bad reception everyone would be telling me to do one equally.

Sensitive lot on WACCOE, me personally like a bit of banter between fans, BANTER that's all it was, and Luke Ayling will get stick, we expect it. The reason I go to games is the banter, rivalry, after supporting Leeds for the last 30 plus years apart from the O'leary years and Wilkinson years this is the only time we've had a team worth watching football wise, maybe a bit under Grayson. We have to entertain ourselves, I think that's why other supporters hate us, we say stuff tongue in cheek and if it gets a bite then we pounce, must be a northern thing.

1 hour ago, mozo said:

I'm a tactical novice so I Googled how to beat a high press and the primary suggestion was you need confident passing midfielders that can thread the ball through the press. In theory Pack should be ideal for that.

Indeed- but Leeds combine the high pressing with good technical ability too- makes it just a little bit harder, but by no means impossible. I mean we did last season too of course- particularly with the 4-4-1-1 in December-mid January- but them having more possession on average than we did means more of a chance to rest on the ball hence it maybe a bit more sustainable in the medium-long term.

Sometimes you get teams who are great technically- PSG last night maybe an example, Arsenal in Wenger's final few years if not longer but do not do the dirty work, the intense workrate off the ball- Ozil e.g. is still guilty of that there now! Then you get teams who will run all day- but just don't have it technically, though I can't think of an example off hand- but when you get that balance, that blend it is very difficult to combat. At its zenith now, Man City and in the last 10 years, if not the generation- Barcelona under Pep at their peak. Now I'm not for a second comparing Leeds to them but the underlying principles have some similarities- the fact Guardiola, Pochettino and perhaps for different reasons Simeone look up to him speaks volumes! Oh for examples of difficulty to combat, look up Leeds 4-1 win at Derby, 2-0 home win v them, 3-0 at Norwich and 4-0 v WBA- the latter restricted a freescoring side like WBA to one shot on target which is evidence of a seriously good defensive (but not negative) structure when it clicks.

Should be an entertaining game and a good tactical battle Saturday- another big gauge of where we're at too. Looking forward to it.

3 minutes ago, alaw said:

? your right he as been poor for a few week although he may have been playing with an injury, he was absolutely awesome against Derby at home but then went off the boil, phillips was suspended so forshaw kept his place but we wanted him dropped as soon as phillips came back, that's one thing Bielsa sometimes is too loyal, he gives players who aren't performing the benefit of the doubt way too long imo, but who am I to say against what I'd call one of the best managers in English football  at the moment.

36 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Bielsa confirmed Leeds unchanged. 

Jack Clarke won't be involved which is a bonus also, speedy recovery hopefully as it looked really worrying but it's a compliment to him that Leeds look much less of a threat with Harrison rather than Clarke.

Spot on! Clarke is scary for his age, I fear if we don't go up Tottenham, Man city will be in for him, Harrison is probably been our weak link this season but he seems to have stepped it up these last few games, I think he's started to realise the work ethic all the players insist on.

On 07/03/2019 at 13:22, alaw said:

Spot on! Clarke is scary for his age, I fear if we don't go up Tottenham, Man city will be in for him, Harrison is probably been our weak link this season but he seems to have stepped it up these last few games, I think he's started to realise the work ethic all the players insist on.

I was looking forward to seeing Clarke play. Shame really as I think he has a great future ahead of him, reminds me a little of Chris Waddle

Archived