IGNORED

Fired up and in their face

Dredd

If there was ever a game when a team needed to fire into a few tackles and get in the oppositions face it was today. 

That whole game I was waiting for a spark, something to get the crowd going, to get the team going but it just fizzled out.

It got me thinking, how many players have we actually got that can be that nasty bastard and really wind up the opposition?

Taylor - undoubtedly 

Famara - Occasionally, normally when wound up himself 

Those two aside? Pack and Brownhill don’t have that blood and thunder mentality in the middle of the park and when they both have a game like today well below par then they aren’t bringing much to the side.

Teams can get results just by wanting it more, and that’s the attitude I wanted to see, but we didn’t get that today in what was a massive game  

We won’t have those type of players whilst LJ is at helm. That’s not criticism, you just have to look at the type of players we have brought in. 

Possibly the centre halves aside, but everywhere else is far too lightweight.

Couldn't disagree more with this to be honest.  I thought we did that side of the game ok really and the game was scrappy enough as it was.  It was just having any quality on the ball or up front that we lacked.

1 hour ago, Dredd said:

If there was ever a game when a team needed to fire into a few tackles and get in the oppositions face it was today. 

That whole game I was waiting for a spark, something to get the crowd going, to get the team going but it just fizzled out.

It got me thinking, how many players have we actually got that can be that nasty bastard and really wind up the opposition?

Taylor - undoubtedly 

Famara - Occasionally, normally when wound up himself 

Those two aside? Pack and Brownhill don’t have that blood and thunder mentality in the middle of the park and when they both have a game like today well below par then they aren’t bringing much to the side.

Teams can get results just by wanting it more, and that’s the attitude I wanted to see, but we didn’t get that today in what was a massive game  

Was thinking the same, Leeds out fought us today and can’t believe we didn’t get stuck into them. Need a lot more spite and nastiness in our game if we want to get promoted

Too soft. Too nice. We dont ever deal with physical sides. LJ moulding the team in his playing style. 

We are desperate for a couple of ‘generals’ to run the team. 

We arent streetwise. We dont manage games well when under physical pressure because we dont have a single nasty b&stard in the squad!!

unfortunately thats where we are. I think a recruitment line of a few ‘big uns’ is required over the summer to help us cope. 

10 hours ago, nickolas said:

Too soft. Too nice. We dont ever deal with physical sides. LJ moulding the team in his playing style. 

We are desperate for a couple of ‘generals’ to run the team. 

We arent streetwise. We dont manage games well when under physical pressure because we dont have a single nasty b&stard in the squad!!

unfortunately thats where we are. I think a recruitment line of a few ‘big uns’ is required over the summer to help us cope. 

Great post - we are too nice and lots on here just bleat and moan when teams play the game aggressively with more ‘streetwise’ attributes....they just get accused of being ‘Warnock-like’ - it’s a tired, boring and lazy ‘accusation’ when what they probably really mean is ‘we got out fought by big, nasty blokes who wanted to win more than us...’ - our game management and toughness (or lack thereof) has been an issue for a while...

Archived