IGNORED

Danny Murphy

AshtonGreat

11 hours ago, Robbored said:

He’s stating the obvious AG. 

Nothing to argue about.

Its an easy way to earn a crust.

Quite the opposite I thought, Robbo. The following two paragraphs are a joke:

"I still think this team has progress to make before they are considered as good as the so-called Golden Generation of Gerrard, Cole, Lampard, Beckham, Terry, Scholes, Ferdinand, Owen and Rooney.

"I know they didn’t get beyond the World Cup quarter-finals but they competed at a world level for a decade. This current crop can do it but a lot of it is still potential."

Thr current crop have already achieved more than that bunch of wasters!!

1 hour ago, AshtonGreat said:

Quite the opposite I thought, Robbo. The following two paragraphs are a joke:

"I still think this team has progress to make before they are considered as good as the so-called Golden Generation of Gerrard, Cole, Lampard, Beckham, Terry, Scholes, Ferdinand, Owen and Rooney.

"I know they didn’t get beyond the World Cup quarter-finals but they competed at a world level for a decade. This current crop can do it but a lot of it is still potential."

Thr current crop have already achieved more than that bunch of wasters!!

I read it as Murphy saying is that this current squad hasn’t got the same quality at CB as the so called ‘golden generation’ and that they have serious potential to develop further. Correct on both points.

One thing he didn’t mention is the manager......Southgate makes a huge difference to the way the England play.

Archived