IGNORED

Liam Walsh

ColneRed

3 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

If Morrell wasn't going to make the bench after his performances I doubt Walsh was ever going to get close. 

Yup. JM played very well against both Hudds & Wolves in the FA Cup and I would say put himself ahead of Walsh in the pecking order. That's football for you - still doubt he'll get a sniff tho with Korey Smith getting close to being on the bench for the run-in. 

5 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

If Morrell wasn't going to make the bench after his performances I doubt Walsh was ever going to get close. 

Ah good shout- forgot about him!

Yeah, in a '3' can see it making sense- actually 5 good midfielders to choose from when all fit, offering something slightly different in each case.

7 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Yup. JM played very well against both Hudds & Wolves in the FA Cup and I would say put himself ahead of Walsh in the pecking order. That's football for you - still doubt he'll get a sniff tho with Korey Smith getting close to being on the bench for the run-in. 

I thought he played well in the Bolton and Huddersfield games, but didn't do much the Wolves one. We were much better when Pack came on. 

No fault of his own though, just couldn't find space to get on the ball against a very impressive Moutinho & Saiss.

Is Walsh definitely fit? I've not seen it mentioned anywhere. 

3 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

I thought he played well in the Bolton and Huddersfield games, but didn't do much the Wolves one. We were much better when Pack came on. 

Aaaaah. Maybe I'm thinking more of Bolton & Hudds rather than Wolves. Still acquitted himself well though when given the opportunity. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, Big C said:

Where has this info come from?

People do speak to people away from a forum

1 hour ago, Agard Days Night said:

He made it up. 

Take a trip up Failand you will see him training daily

1 hour ago, Shtanley said:

Exactly - It seems LJ was keeping faith with what we had

31 minutes ago, phantom said:

Exactly - It seems LJ was keeping faith with what we had

There have certainly been a few games recently that I think Morrell would've been perfect to bring on for. 

Strong bench though so somewhat understandable that he hasn't been selected recently.

I think if Walsh hadn't got injured he may well have had a run of games, but who knows, it's LJ after all.  I was impressed by the little he's played, then again I though Morrell looked good in his games. I'm disappointed that LJ hasn't given JM another run (seeing as no other options were fit) , specially as he did say we looked tired, he's flogged the MF to death again. I would love to see us play a 3-5-2 / 5-3-2 , otherwise I see no reason we bought Walsh in the first place, unless it was just to try and make a profit in the future.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Agard Days Night said:

Ok mate, will do.

Whilst I’m there do you want to have a think about if there’s a difference between back in training and match fit?

Oh well, if you don't want to believe something that's up to you. 

Time to move on 

19 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

Strange, Walsh was brilliant at home against Stoke.

He was having a real run in the side before his injury. A real shame. Think LJ trusts him more than he does Morrell that's for sure. 

Walsh would've featured a lot had he not got injured I'm certain, would've helped alleviate the fatigue Pack and Brownhill have clearly had in recent games.

7 hours ago, Shtanley said:

There have certainly been a few games recently that I think Morrell would've been perfect to bring on for. 

Strong bench though so somewhat understandable that he hasn't been selected recently.

Although the go-to midfield axis of Pack and Brownhill looked knackered versus Leeds and Ipswich. By the 60th minute of the latter fixture the bottom of the table side were pushing against an open door whilst Johnson did nothing until we inevitably conceded. Where was the strong bench then?

7 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Although the go-to midfield axis of Pack and Brownhill looked knackered versus Leeds and Ipswich. By the 60th minute of the latter fixture the bottom of the table side were pushing against an open door whilst Johnson did nothing until we inevitably conceded. Where was the strong bench then?

LJ builds them all up but doesn’t trust them.

31 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Well I guess it didn't have Morrell on so he couldn't change the centre of midfield. It's clear LJ isn't a fan of Morrell no matter how much he comes out and tries to say otherwise. 

16 hours ago, Robbored said:

Question for you RtB......why if Walsh is available for selection has LJ not included him in his matchday squads?

You say sarcastically that it’s a ‘tactical masterstroke’  but in reality there must be reasons that we fans are not privy to.

I’ll give you four possibilities 1) Walsh is not 100% fit. 2) LJ completely trusts Pack and Brownhill. 3) Walsh is fit but not impressing enough in training. 4) Walsh has personal problems.........

Whats your view?

Seems you have complete faith in Lee, Robbo.....I just don't dig that.

Sarcasm is one thing,and let's be honest,she's no stranger to yourserlf- but please,let's not enter into a discussion upon the nature of trust!

Archived