IGNORED

Webster > Flint

Port Said Red

6 hours ago, Monkeh said:

the reason he didn't go was because he failed his medical as well, which would explain his drop off in performance

Very little gets said about that but must have been hard to handle, both mentally and then whatever the physical issue was

6 hours ago, Monkeh said:

the reason he didn't go was because he failed his medical as well, which would explain his drop off in performance

Very little gets said about that but must have been hard to handle, both mentally and then whatever the physical issue was

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I never saw Collier play live. Just missed him as I was more Rodgers / Hunter (Merrick injured). 

How good was he if you compare Webster in the Champ v Collier in old Div 1?  Ignore the fact the game is very different. 

Collier & Webster have very similar qualities and attributes. Having seen both play albeit 40+ years apart I firmly believe that Collier would be More than suited to the modern game and capable of playing at the highest level. Webster is of the same technical ability but has the confidence to step out and dictate and start attacks where as Collier didn't do that as it was not his responsibility in the 70s but in my opinion he would have had the vision to adapt to any role. He was an athlete and physically ideal for a player at the top level of football and Webster is also the same

We are very fortunate to have Webster and in my opinion getting him for circa £4m was fantastic business but keeping him fit has also dampened the concern and removed that sick note tag

14 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Fontaine certainly wasn’t crap for the “majority”. Lost his form and became the scapegoat

Just a little bit of an understatement there! Agree with you though he had a couple of great seasons before it all went pear shaped for him seemingly overnight, isit me or was he linked with Liverpool and Southampton at one stage?

Nobody can deny that Flint was a key part of our club while he was here and that his sale was a great bit of business. 

I had a look on Boro's forum to have a giggle at their reaction to last nights defeat and by God they are shredding Flint in every post. Most it would seem, would be happy never to see him run out for Boro again.

13 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

Nobody can deny that Flint was a key part of our club while he was here and that his sale was a great bit of business. 

I had a look on Boro's forum to have a giggle at their reaction to last nights defeat and by God they are shredding Flint in every post. Most it would seem, would be happy never to see him run out for Boro again.

we all love flint, but he wasn't the best defender, while he was in the side, the defense was leaky, its no coincidence it's improved since he left,

His marking of webster for our goal, he'd get away with that here as fans would of blamed our keeper for it, for "not commanding his area"

Flint was great for us, but we are a much better defensive unit it without him,  (second best in the league behind boring boro)

Archived