IGNORED

Bristol City v Wigan Athletic Match Day 39

Septic Peg

5 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

If we can't do better at home we don't deserve a play off place

We deserve it if the teams below us don't do better, the 'form' team in Villa have now moved ahead of us but our form over the last 5 is as good as any of the teams just behind us.

Probably just a bit short in midfield today, just the game for Korey to get about and do his thing, especially with Wigan looking to break quickly through the middle. Patterson not at his best, does not seem to like it against stronger physical players. Could and should have won that in the 2nd half, a bit more composure at times and bit bit more fortune, then we could have any at least another 2. 

Can't fault the defending too much, balls lumped diagonally for knock-ons are not the easiest to deal with. The good thing is that we did not lose, and O'Leary will learn from games like these.

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

We deserve it if the teams below us don't do better, the 'form' team in Villa have now moved ahead of us but our form over the last 5 is as good as any of the teams just behind us.

Sorry but I find the first part of your response illogical. Sorry

3 minutes ago, RedSA said:

Did well to get back into it and get in front but pretty naieve in playing out the rest of the game. We were still playing very open in the last 10 mins, should have tightened up and started on the old ‘game management’. 

Which is surprising as we've generally been good at it this season.

8 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Come on gents. Who expected 7 points from the last 3 games. We’re right in the hunt and now’s the time to stay positive.

I accept I didn't expect that but with the same logic we should be taking all 3 points from Wigan at home. It's all good and well taking trying to put a positive spin on things and yes we could have been out of the running but the point is we weren't, we were creating a gap with only a small number of games left and we let 2 crucial points slip.

I'll be interested to see how people view this game if we fall 2 points shy of the play offs.

At this stage of the season results are all over the place as relegation threatened teams have nothing to lose by going balls out and those in promotion places get nervous with the prize in view.

Another game down , still in the top six . 

Who would have thought it ? 

This will go to the wire .

We should be happy with seven points from nine since the break.

Well done lads , onto Tuesday night and hopefully a win .

Just now, cidercity1987 said:

Just dont know why we cant kill teams off at home. We've conceded a remarkably low amount of late goals to get away with it but we should have built on the 2 quick goals

Not sure how it looked, but last ten sounded very open, as if both teams were going for a winner. We have conceded very few late on, so just have to take this one. Very disappointing having got ahead.

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

Not sure how it looked, but last ten sounded very open, as if both teams were going for a winner. We have conceded very few late on, so just have to take this one. Very disappointing having got ahead.

Yes open, they went for it and we didnt respond. Possibly due to having used all our subs and they overloaded us up top

Looking at things philosophically, how many of us expected us to take 7 points from Sheff U, Boro and Wigan, as I suspect many thought Wigan would be the only game we'd get anything from?

Of course this only adds to the frustration of seeing 2 points lost at the death.

Can LJ solve the enigma that is our home form?

6 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Which is surprising as we've generally been good at it this season.

Yeah, I think we’re worse at it at home as we’re in a different mindset. We have a smash and grab mentality playing away and it comes more naturally if we’re winning. At home we seem to want to entertain for the fans more and go a bit gung ho. 

when Leon Clarke came I got bad vibes. He scored against us last season both in Sheffield and on the Gate. he was the player who shot, rebound and goal. At the moment very disapointed when we go from 0-1 to 2-1 and then 2-2 last minute. we are still in a good position and will fight for top six: COYR!!!

Whether they deserved a draw or not, we got our noses in front after our usual slow start and let them back in. In our position we have to close the game out yet concede in injury time. I know our home form is poor but we were playing a team who have lost 15 away games. Not a disaster but not good either. 

Archived