IGNORED

Where is our pr department? (Merged)

Ivorguy

As a 20 year old Man U supporter from Sheffield has been arrested for this can we expect any apologises for any infurence that it was from City supporters ?   How do'es the idiot City supporter now feel after he rang Radio 5 live to apologise on behalf of all City supporters ? 

12 minutes ago, fatchers said:

As a 20 year old Man U supporter from Sheffield has been arrested for this can we expect any apologises for any infurence that it was from City supporters ?   How do'es the idiot City supporter now feel after he rang Radio 5 live to apologise on behalf of all City supporters ? 

Good post- couldn't agree more!

You put it better than myself, I was too angry when writing this stuff last night for one.

I wouldn't exactly class it as being inferred it was City supporter who did this, more that there was no clarity either way and casual observers may well have looked at the lack of clarity, saw a load of racial incidents reported and come to the conclusion that it was a City fan on Twitter. 

There should have been clarity for sure and I was tempted to ring 606 last night to point this out in no uncertain terms to follow up from that City supporter who rang 606 to apologise!

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

If you read twitter, you’ll see lots of accusations against Bristol City and sorting it out.  Obviously City fans correcting them, but the damage was done.

Saw a few of these on the weekend. Sounds like it was more widespread?

Our PR...where were they?? Whoever made that thread was bang on. 

Hopefully City lawyers can analyse the media coverage and get corrections and apologies bare minimum if any of it wrongly implicates us as fans, as a club.

Byrne was subject to a "horrific tweet" not tweets in the plural as Collymore alleges, was he not?

Anyway, if they do what Stan says and close AG because of a racist tweet sent by a Man U fan from Sheffield (over which the club has no control) perhaps we can get our own back on him by getting the government to close dogging sites.

16 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Surely the outrage should be about the incident and not which club is “implicated” - because as others have stated any level headed person will realise that one persons actions doesn’t represent the entire club.

Both.

Yes it is a disgrace what happened to Byrne and others. However it is also appalling if we were wrongly implicated in it- as a fan, at the ground, on Twitter- or whatever.

58 minutes ago, TomF said:

This sort of tweet certainly didn't help the situation - why we got hashtagged into it is beyond me.  

I agree, that's the first instance I've seen where we have been wrongly associated yet even in response to that tweet only one person mentions us, and it's a gashead?

Archived