IGNORED

Tinnion Wants A Target Man And A Right Back...

Cider red

I'm worried that we will have too many strikers now , i mean all our strikers bar lita are good enough to start each week , and if we sign armstrong as well thats 7 strikers who would get into any team in this division. Plus murray and goodfellow who you cant play in midfield with this 4-3-3 formation.

I would keep the three that started on saturday with miller and gillespie on the bench but if he's going for a target man i'm guessing this will be the three next year:

Murray.......target man......heffernan , but heffernan in my opinion isnt the right type of striker to play their because he's not quick enough and he's a finnisher , not a roberts or a murray type player who can get wide and cross it. so its either murray or heffernan who wouldnt be in the line up i'm guessing. It seems so much more sensible to play 3-5-2 to me with a target man and heffernan up front with roberts or goodfellow behind them. with the 4-3-3 we are leaving key players out.

Miller is the closest BT has to a target man and as yet Miller hasn't impressed in pre-season.

BT also tried to sign Howard and McClean recently both of whom are target men so its no great suprise that he's still looking to sign someone else.

Its no suprise either that a right back is needed since Carey left.Orr is a better midfielder than defender and Coles is a central defender who would be wasted at right back.

The question is - who is BT looking at?? I haven't heard any rumours lately.

Guest RACRED

Its simple really... either play Miller or buy a target man. Miller is the ONLY one of our forwards who can head and hold the ball up. He isnt even ready yet though.

Below are two pieces of information on our new trialists:

Jamie Smith

Signed from Wolves in 1997, Jamie Smith had made over 150 appearances for Palace by the time they secured their return to the Premiership in May 2003.

One of the players who had tasted top flight football with The Eagles during the 1997/98 campaign, Smith has had to deal with his fair share of injuries in the intervening years, and has therefore had interrupted spells in the starting line-up.

The hard-working defender remains a vital member of the squad, although he only played one league game under Iain Dowie after the new manager's arrival in late December 2003.

Kevin Barrolon

Hastings United 2 Gillingham 3 - Match Report

By Alan Liptrott

Date: 15/7/2004

All eyes were on Iwan Roberts for his first appearance in a Gills shirt but it was trialist Kevin Barralon who stole the show with pace, creativity and an eye for goal on his introduction at half-time. Hessy used a squad of 22 players, parading almost two different teams either side of the interval.

My mates a Crystal Palace fan and he said that Jamie Smith would be an excellent signing for us. Ive not heard of Barrolon before, but he seems to have good attributes for a left winger, pace and creativity.

Archived