IGNORED

Easter Eggs

Bristol Rob

2 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

It's not the mark up that people are 'outraged' over.....it's the con trick of making people think they've purchased something eggclusively made/produced by BCFC.

Who else are selling Bristol City branded eggs..? 

30 minutes ago, Riaz said:

I was using my rewards, so was paying £0 instead of whatever it cost in B&M.

Plus i didnt know the same eggs were available for alot cheaper!

Yes, although You would have still had the rewards to spend on something more reasonably priced.

2 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Would you sell Heineken disguised as Stella and charge customers the extra because you'd poured it into a different glass?

Pubs decant beer into other packaging (glasses) and sell it at a huge mark up every day. 

No doubt some even do the other part of your suggestion..!

10 minutes ago, Riaz said:

:laugh: I'm not expecting them to do anything untoward. Surely if they were going to do it, they could do a deal for cadbury to produce some proper bristol city eggs... if its too costly, then dont bother, because the product isnt viable in my opinion.

I agree, I can’t see the point. 

But then you’ve bought some of these. I’d have liked one as a kid. 

At £3.50 there are far bigger pricing scandals going on all around us, every day..! 

3 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Namely Bristol Sport, but with Cadbury's Easter eggs.

You think that half the branded products on a supermarket shelf aren’t exactly the same content and the own brand stuff, but priced at 3 times as much..?

It is a Cadbury’s egg. Nobody’s claiming that it’s not. This is an option for those that would like to give someone one with their favourite teams branding on it. 

It’s a choice, plain and simple. Over priced, yes, so I won’t be buying any, but if people like the idea, then what’s the big news story...?! 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

It’s a choice, plain and simple. Over priced, yes, so I won’t be buying any, but if people like the idea, then what’s the big news story...?! 

Of course it’s choice but the story is the fact that  BS are attempting to seriously overcharge its own supporters.

Cheeky shits imv.

Whoever at BS came up with this pricing idea should be disciplined 

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

You think that half the branded products on a supermarket shelf aren’t exactly the same content and the own brand stuff, but priced at 3 times as much..?

It is a Cadbury’s egg. Nobody’s claiming that it’s not. This is an option for those that would like to give someone one with their favourite teams branding on it. 

My brain is all scrambled reading that.

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Then why are so many people pissed off with what the club has done? If you bought Kellogg's cornflakes and found a Tesco Value box inside, would you be happy with that? It's a blatant rip-off, and that's the issue.

.....and if it wasn't newsworthy, why has it hit the headlines, locally and nationally?

1 minute ago, Super said:

My brain is all scrambled reading that.

I'm struggling too...

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Of course it’s choice but the story is the fact that  BS are attempting to seriously overcharge its own supporters.

Cheeky shits imv.

Whoever at BS came up with this pricing idea should be disciplined 

For once, I have to agree with you

....although, I'll be deleting this comment before any of my mates see it ???

51 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

It's a blatant rip-off, and that's the issue.

Is it though? I see goods and services advertised every day that I think are overpriced or that represent poor value. You can only be "ripped off" if you buy one and even then that's subjective. 

4 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Is it though? I see goods and services advertised every day that I think are overpriced or that represent poor value. You can only be "ripped off" if you buy one and even then that's subjective. 

Exactly. How can a non essential, entirely optional purchase ever be classed as “a rip off”..?!

1 hour ago, Loon plage said:

Tastes different though mate wouldn't get away with it.

Obviously mate, but the principle still applies. A cheaper product has been 'arguably' disguised and sold for top dollar.

It doesn't affect me, I can see why a lot of people were not happy with it.

Just catching up with this thread.

"You don't have to buy it" is not an excuse for overpricing.  It's about expecting the club to show respect for its supporters by pricing items fairly.  It's not a big deal at the end of the day, but it is an easily-avoidable PR disaster for the club that they would do well to learn from.

Nothing wrong with kids not getting everything they want though.

For those that are concerned about paying over the odds for any given product, in any given location, I have put together a handy step by step guide to avoiding the pitfalls of the modern commercial world. 

Step One - see a product that you think is over priced. 

Step Two - walk past it. 

11 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Sums up most Christian celebrations.

You can hardly blame the church for wanting to spread out their celebrations.

Especially given that their top-boy Jeebus was born on Christmas day. What rotten luck. If he had been born in June or July then he could have enjoyed Christmas as well.

As it is, he probably just got one really big pressie at Christmas and no real birthday celebration.

Poor bloke.

10 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

For those that are concerned about paying over the odds for any given product, in any given location, I have put together a handy step by step guide to avoiding the pitfalls of the modern commercial world. 

Step One - see a product that you think is over priced. 

Step Two - walk past it. 

Too complicated, please simplify.

Archived