IGNORED

Gary Mcsheffery

cheshire_red

... has left Luton and returned to Coventry after his loan finished. He has been one of their star men this season scoring 10 in 20 starts, one against us :(

I'm not sure if it has been confirmed that Wilkshire is to miss January yet with the Aussies but if so we could do a lot worse, he would be a great asset playing in the hole behind the front two.

He's not really a midfield player is he , i thought he was an out and out striker. :Confused13:

It doesn't matter what he is! - the facts are that he plays from midfield and scores a few goals.

He would be a candidate to replace Wilkshire - but Wilson won't look outside the currant squad.Docherty,Burnell,Bell and Clist all play midfield and none of them have had a look in lately.

Luton will miss him, as Blackpool will miss that MOTM goalie when his loan ends.

Lots of examples of teams in our division making excellent loan signings, and like Knight and others before, they all seem to shine against us.

Doubt if McSheffrey will be available now, his success at Luton has more than proved his point to McAllister.

It does prove that players who can make a big difference are out there. Its up to Danny to show he can spot (and persuade) a talent or two to come to City to fly down the right wing and replace Wilkshire when he is off in January.

to fly down the right wing and replace Wilkshire when he is off in January

So where has Amankwaah been playing recently? I thought that Wilkshire had played the last few games in the centre. Therefore when/if he goes with Australia, we will need to replace him with a central midfielder.

We have Burnell, Doherty, and even Clist (who seems the most likely natural replacement for LW). Unless we are hit with a few injuries to the aforementioned players, then we will not need to bring somebody in on loan in that position.

So where has Amankwaah been playing recently? I thought that Wilkshire had played the last few games in the centre. Therefore when/if he goes with Australia, we will need to replace him with a central midfielder. 

We have Burnell, Doherty, and even Clist (who seems the most likely natural replacement for LW). Unless we are hit with a few injuries to the aforementioned players, then we will not need to bring somebody in on loan in that position.

I disagree strongly with that, Wilkshire has been playing far further forward than Tins, in fact at times on Saturday I would suggest he was playing a free role behind the strikers.

Neither Burnell or Doherty have the ability to play in this position and Wilson will not utilise Clist for the role. A loan is therefore of paramount importance if Wilkshire is away on International duty for such a long spell.

I'd be very surprised if we signed a midfielder on loan merely to cover an absense of a month. We've got plenty of midfielders who we could use at least for a short period of time, Doherty, Burnell, Clist Carey (has been done before), etc

Taz,

Read it again, your quote cuts my sentence in 2.

That's one to replace Wilkshire in the middle and another to fly down the right wing.

Danny and Kev. himself have both said he will never be a winger.

Clist, Burnell and Doherty? None are good enough to replace Wilkshire on the form he's been showing recently.

I'd be very surprised if we signed a midfielder on loan merely to cover an absense of a month. We've got plenty of midfielders who we could use at least for a short period of time, Doherty, Burnell, Clist Carey (has been done before), etc

Dan,

Ever heard the phrase, "so and so going on a months loan"?

The players you mention are not suitable replacements for Wilkshire, we want to keep this attacking momentum going.

A like for like replacement for Wilkshire is not only desirable, but critically important.

I have a feeling that Tommy's recent absence from the side will have the right effect on him when he returns. He certainly has the ability to fill Wilkshire's boots alongside Tinman, in a different style admittedly but on his game effective going forward. The long unbeaten run in our last promotion season coincided with his return to the side and he was the spark in my view for promotion. His absence from the side thereafter for a variety of reasons contributed to our relegation. When Tommy is playing well so does the side. We may need a loan signing to freshen things up later in the season but unless injuries crop up I doubt that the greatesT need will be in central midfield.

<br />

Taz,

Read it again, your quote cuts my sentence in 2.

That's one to replace Wilkshire in the middle and another to fly down the right wing.

Danny and Kev. himself have both said he will never be a winger.

Clist, Burnell and Doherty? None are good enough to replace Wilkshire on the form he's been showing recently.

<br />

Whoops, misread your post Nogbad. In that case then I agree with you :(

Archived