IGNORED

First thing Johnson needs to do

Alan Dicks

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

He’s young in age but he ain’t inexperienced - he’s managed well over 300 games now - and he’s way more experienced (in terms of games as manager) than other gaffers such as Alex Neil, Nuno Espírito Santo, Marco Silva, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Daniel Farke - etc, etc.

He trots out the ‘young, still developing, one for the future’ stuff about his players - but that can’t be said about him anymore, he is not an inexperienced manager anymore ....

I wholeheartedly agree with this.  Most managers don’t get anywhere near 300 games, many not even 100.

Same with Josh Brownhill, 23, yet 220 games in all comps.

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I wholeheartedly agree with this.  Most managers don’t get anywhere near 300 games, many not even 100.

Same with Josh Brownhill, 23, yet 220 games in all comps.

LJ is up around 350 games as manager now I believe - and I’m not sure if that even includes cup games - when people say he’s ‘young and inexperienced’ it winds me right up! Merlot!

Ooh shall I wind up BS4 even more tonight?  so tempting what with Colin about to get relegated and that

Lee is still young whatever games he's had  he is still young 'cos he's still starting out.

Well done Lee. You've done us proud this season. Dont forget people thought we were the drop fodder in August

12 hours ago, Scruffy the Janitor said:

We are 8th in the championship, a league full of teams with more pulling power and more money than us. Yes we may miss out on the play offs this year, but the fact people are disappointed by that is delusional en ridiculous. Where you around when we were a league one staple? 

Understand it's disappointing but a serious reality.checn is needed by alot of fans. Were a good team.

As you are kindly offering others a "reality" check, here is one for your good self:

This is not a league full full - of teams with more pulling power and money than us. It is a league where some have more pulling power and money than us.

And it is also a league, or division, where teams with less pulling power and money than others find a way to overcome this disadvantage. This season being a case in point.

12 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

He’s young in age but he ain’t inexperienced - he’s managed well over 300 games now - and he’s way more experienced (in terms of games as manager) than other gaffers such as Alex Neil, Nuno Espírito Santo, Marco Silva, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Daniel Farke - etc, etc.

He trots out the ‘young, still developing, one for the future’ stuff about his players - but that can’t be said about him anymore, he is not an inexperienced manager anymore ....

A spurious comparison, you need to research your answers.  I'll give u Solksjaar and Farke.   But not Silva 305, Espirito Santo 285 and Neil 284 as they have practically the same number, and are NOT inexperienced.  Neils a good yardstick, same age, similar amount of games...........Preston currently 12th.   Farke is interesting , a believer in evolution not revolution, 6 years older than LJ, and with a background at one of Europes elite clubs.  A real one off who's done a fantastic job, and whose contacts in Europe have greatly helped find some outstanding championship grade players. I'm fine with patience, and until someone comes up with a realistic alternative, rather than an eagerness to get rid of LJ, but with NO rational replacement then he'll do for me.

12 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

LJ is up around 350 games as manager now I believe - and I’m not sure if that even includes cup games - when people say he’s ‘young and inexperienced’ it winds me right up! Merlot!

Your not far out.............it's 325, 20 more than Silva.

10 hours ago, maxjak said:

Your not far out.............it's 325, 20 more than Silva.

I think they may be just league games - but, even using your figures - you agree LJ has managed more games than Silva, Neil, Solskjaer, Farke, Nuno Espírito Santo then? Two of the ones you said are ‘practically the same’ - Neil and Santo are actually about a season behind LJ in terms of experience equivalent to games.....and you said ‘PNE are 12th’ - is this you saying Neil isn’t as good a gaffer as LJ? Yet he has already got a team promoted to the premier league as boss ....

39 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think they may be just league games - but, even using your figures - you agree LJ has managed more games than Silva, Neil, Solskjaer, Farke, Nuno Espírito Santo then? Two of the ones you said are ‘practically the same’ - Neil and Santo are actually about a season behind LJ in terms of experience equivalent to games.....and you said ‘PNE are 12th’ - is this you saying Neil isn’t as good a gaffer as LJ? Yet he has already got a team promoted to the premier league as boss ....

I actually like Neil, he did well to get Norwich up through the play offs, but unfortunately came straight back down.........he eventually got sacked, but did a great job, he is now using his similar managerial experience to LJ to get Preston into the Premiership eventually, if he is given the time and backing. Which is exactly what LJ needs, time and backing.  Otherwise everything gets disrupted, so as long as managers are seen to be making progress season by season, they should be backed.  If LJ fails to make the necssary progress then everything might need to change..  As for comparing LJ to Espirito Santos, I think his budget at Wolves was slightly larger, just by around 60 million, I think given that budget, that both Neil and LJ might have at least reached the play offs?

5 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I actually like Neil, he did well to get Norwich up through the play offs, but unfortunately came straight back down.........he eventually got sacked, but did a great job, he is now using his similar managerial experience to LJ to get Preston into the Premiership eventually, if he is given the time and backing. Which is exactly what LJ needs, time and backing.  Otherwise everything gets disrupted, so as long as managers are seen to be making progress season by season, they should be backed.  If LJ fails to make the necssary progress then everything might need to change..  As for comparing LJ to Espirito Santos, I think his budget at Wolves was slightly larger, just by around 60 million, I think given that budget, that both Neil and LJ might have at least reached the play offs?

I didn’t mention budgets or achievements in my original reply to you - I was simply giving examples of managers who have less experience than LJ in terms of the number of games they’ve ‘managed’ - LJ ain’t inexperienced anymore, that was my point. There was no criticism of him, I simply said he isn’t an inexperienced football manager anymore yet it’s still something people trot out to justify stuff ....

On 27/04/2019 at 19:42, Davefevs said:

In hindsight (bit of foresight too), I do wonder whether Weimann would’ve been any less effective than Fam as the lone man up top?  Think it would’ve forced us to pass and move more, like with Reid.

Well this is it.

Would've encouraged us to pick the early runs he makes more readily- because we'd have had to. Had to learn it better.

I wondered about it in November when we were in that, but that stage just 'throw some mud at wall and maybe some will stick!' That was my thinking back then...

It definitely would facilitate and likely necessitate some changes in style though..greater fluidity for one IMO. Better in the press too or different emphasis at least, with him leading the way.

On 27/04/2019 at 22:29, BS4 on Tour... said:

Just not very good. In fact poor!

27 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Just not very good. In fact poor!

Yeah, he’s just progressed us from  a club that looked like going straight back to League One, to a club that is threatening the play off places. While complying with FFP and without parachute payments. So poor!

Nobody can deny that some other clubs have progressed more quickly, but our progress is certainly not poor.

On 27/04/2019 at 20:13, Davefevs said:

Fam was poor today.  I watched him a lot today, so static.  Waghorn ran his nuts off, got away with “afters” on virtually every challenge.  Think Garner might’ve given him a few tips at Ipswich!!!  Fam on his heels too much today so that if the ball isn’t perfect he struggles to adjust his balance.

I like Fam, he is unselfish, but if someone offered me £5m for him I’d take it.  In fairness in today’s market, he ought to fetch us a profit.  A 1 in 3 (roughly @BS4 on Tour..., I won’t do the maths tonight) scorer, is worth more than £5m in the Champ.

Bobby Reid (and Weimann In August), showed that you don’t have to have a big-man.  We miss movement so much.  It’s partly why we have to play sideways too often.  

Marlon had a better game, but that coaching video of LJ doing the Marlon no-look pass, has gone to his head.  He’s looking for it every time.  Often it’s the hardest pass option he has, and he fails to complete it.

I’m pretty frustrated tonight, but cognisant that it’s been a good season....but we have (sort of) wasted a good position when we got to 5th with games in hand.

If Pack is tired then surely FD is as well .

He has been operating mostly up front on his own , being clattered by centre halves with no support and being expected to carry his big frame up and down  the pitch at speed which is hard even for more athletic players.

On top of that the guy is expected to score twenty goals a season.

He has adapted brilliantly to what LJ demands of him and deserves nothing but praise.

I believe we have not seen the best of FD as our system doesn’t play to his natural strengths.

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I believe we have not seen the best of FD as our system doesn’t play to his natural strengths.

...and I’m not convinced we will.  That is the issue. As I said above I like Fam. 

Why break your record signing fee and not play the guy to his strengths. 

On 27/04/2019 at 23:05, AppyDAZE said:

Ooh shall I wind up BS4 even more tonight?  so tempting what with Colin about to get relegated and that

Lee is still young whatever games he's had  he is still young 'cos he's still starting out.

Well done Lee. You've done us proud this season. Dont forget people thought we were the drop fodder in August

I know that was a late-ish Saturday night post, probably fuelled by your tipple of choice, but LJ ain’t ‘still starting out’ is he?! Surely you can see that ...

.... and, as for your reference to Neil Warnock getting relegated, if you look back you’ll see that I’ve consistently said he isn’t a premier league manager, but he’s a great short term option if you wish to get promoted from the championship ...

....so, ‘ooh’ you didn’t really succeed in winding me up .... cheers anyway though!

On 27/04/2019 at 18:03, AshtonGreat said:

Johnson ballsed up massively in my opinion. Left Eliasson - one of the Championship's best players in my opinion - on the bench, and picked Paterson, who couldn't hit a cow's ass with a banjo, and Semenyo who is naive and hardly Championship quality. 

He started Eliasson at Wednesday and he was terribly ineffective and couldn't cross to save his life

Archived