IGNORED

Nice PFSA analysis of Jay

spudski

Good read. Will be a great signing if he is happy to commit to us. Definitely has all the ability & seems attitude to go to the top. Not sure what the agreed price is for sure, but the prices I’ve seen on here £2m - £4m would be a steal imo. Really rate this kid. COYR 

I note that the analysis doesn’t show him going awol for Derby’s 2nd goal yesterday? 

Bogle runs off him and he makes no effort to go with him. 

This is my absolute pet hate. I ******* hate it when players don’t bust a gut to get into the correct defensive positioning - the fall-back, retreat, whatever you want to call it. 

This was my biggest gripe with Bryan. And Da Silva shows some of the same traits. Not nearly as bad as Bryan, but too many occasions for my liking. Great going forward, but show some ******* nouse and desire to be in the right place defensively - which is the primary job of the left back. 

If we were to sign him permanently, I won’t be against it, but he’d have to impress me more in his defensive qualities. 

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

I note that the analysis doesn’t show him going awol for Derby’s 2nd goal yesterday? 

This is my absolute pet hate. I ******* hate it when players don’t bust a gut to get into the correct defensive positioning - the fall-back, retreat, whatever you want to call it. 

This was my biggest gripe with Bryan. And Da Silva shows some of the same traits. Not nearly as bad as Bryan, but too many occasions for my liking. Great going forward, but show some ******* nouse and desire to be in the right place defensively - which is the primary job of the left back. 

If we were to sign him permanently, I won’t be against it, but he’d have to impress me more in his defensive qualities. 

Agreed. Reading goal too t'other day. Not the best in the air too.

At least Bryan scored goals, JDS is yet to get a professional goal!

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

We were going for it with 10 men and few minutes remaining Harry.

I think he's been our best player all season.

Our full backs are definitely being chosen on their offensive qualities over traditional defensive qualities imo.

Him and Webster are definitely an upgrade on Bryan and Flint.

I honestly think he’s a class above the rest of our squad and has realised he can play at a higher level than we will be next season. True talent, Charlton voted him player of the year last season and I’m surprised he didn’t get anything here. His touch and ability on the ball has been second to none. 

Archived