IGNORED

Players&coach

Redmycolour

9 hours ago, Clutton Caveman said:

I do not buy into the " we don't want it" argument BUT

Would you say that if a neutral was watching this game, he would think that both sides wanted the win equally?

If you compare our intensity with that shown against Man Utd or Man City on Saturday we were flat.

We had a huge crowd but I felt the teams lack of intensity or better said blood and guts commitment gave the crowd nothing to shout about and soon everyone was quiet.

For me it just did not feel like a must win game. If you compare this with games in the past when we were in relegation trouble again the team and the crowd were flat.

Only for the 5 mins after the red card did we show some real spirit. Imagine what could have been if we had shown this from the start.

Our league position this year is beyond most fans wildest dreams, this should not be forgotten and we certainly have a platform to build on.

I wonder if our lack of real leaders in the team is due to the personality of LJ. Can he stand to have a player who is a fans favourite, a leader on the pitch and in the dressing room and a player that on some days may actually want to discuss his decisions?

Do we perhaps have the same problem with the coaching staff?

I truly hope that in the close season we :

a) Sign one or 2 players that are the finished article not a prospect. No more wingers unless they can actually beat a full back.

b) Sell some of the "prospects" that have not quite made it, so that they can get regular football and we sign perhaps 1 good player in place of 2 players like Taylor and  Watkins

c) Make sure that anyone we sign is over 6 foot (no more midgets like Walsh please) 

Finally find a way to get Fam playing like he did when he first arrived with real pace and desire.

Brilliant twenty odd shots on target but  all struck from thirty yards out down the keepers throat.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Apart from the one that hit the bar...

...or the one cleared off the line...

....or the one tipped over the bar.

The one pushed round the corner in the first half...

the one he had to dive to his left for....

1 hour ago, hodge said:

If they had defended better then us they wouldn't have faced so many shots, we got done by a deflection and a break away counter when we were chucking players forward looking for a goal with 10 men, otherwise Derby had maybe 1 or 2 shots.

They didn't have a single shot in the first 15 minutes (there was a wild one from out wide which went about 10 yards wide and could just have easily been a terrible cross as a terrible shot).

41 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Brilliant twenty odd shots on target but  all struck from thirty yards out down the keepers throat.

24 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Apart from the one that hit the bar...

...or the one cleared off the line...

....or the one tipped over the bar.

22 minutes ago, hodge said:

The one pushed round the corner in the first half...

the one he had to dive to his left for....

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

They didn't have a single shot in the first 15 minutes (there was a wild one from out wide which went about 10 yards wide and could just have easily been a terrible cross as a terrible shot).

Man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest. 

11 hours ago, Coppello said:

1. Farke and Wilder have not managed in the Premier League but have gained promotion this season. What's the difference between them and Johnson?

Well, in the last four seasons Wilder has won three promotions as manager - two of them as Champions - that’s quite a big difference ...

12 hours ago, RedM said:

1- No one is PL coach until they get there. I can’t believe if LJ ever gets there he will be the first with absolutely no experience either as a player or manager, and so what if he is. Some vastly experienced managers get is very wrong too

11 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

He only came to mind as he's just achieved it, and barring him moving to another club or being bizarrely sacked he looks to achieve it.

There must be others just based on the sheer number of managers.

It's possible that this season all three managers to be promoted will have zero premier league experience. Farke and Wilder already tick the box. Then the playoffs will be contested by Bielsa, Smith, and Shan - none of whom have managed in the Prem, plus one of Lampard, Pulis and Johnson (maybe, just maybe Johnson). So of the top seven Championship clubs only one manager, Pulis, has any experience of managing in the Premier League.

22 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well, in the last four seasons Wilder has won three promotions as manager - two of them as Champions - that’s quite a big difference ...

The OP states that Johnson's not a Premier League manager, my point was that Farke and Wilder have not also not managed in that division. Based on that logic, Norwich and Sheffield United would not be going anywhere with those managers at the helm. 

4 minutes ago, Coppello said:

The OP states that Johnson's not a Premier League manager, my point was that Farke and Wilder have not also not managed in that division. Based on that logic, Norwich and Sheffield United would not be going anywhere with those managers at the helm. 

Fair enough Coppello - cheers for the reply. Wilder does have a track record of success and has been a manager for nearly 900 games, so I guess he’s got the experience to give it a good go. Farke has done an amazing job - less experienced than LJ yet it looks like he will take the Canaries up as Champions .... I think it’s great to see ‘new’ managers in the Premier League - those two clubs have been superb this season, I wish them all the best .... great clubs, great fans ....

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Fair enough Coppello - cheers for the reply. Wilder does have a track record of success and has been a manager for nearly 900 games, so I guess he’s got the experience to give it a good go. Farke has done an amazing job - less experienced than LJ yet it looks like he will take the Canaries up as Champions .... I think it’s great to see ‘new’ managers in the Premier League - those two clubs have been superb this season, I wish them all the best .... great clubs, great fans ....

Completely agree regarding the two clubs - I'm pleased to see them both go up. After posting that last response I was having a look at Wilder's record and had no idea he's been a manager since 2002 (albeit non-league for a little while). He's flown through the ranks relatively late in his career and he's getting some serious trajectory behind him. 

10 hours ago, Clutton Caveman said:

I do not buy into the " we don't want it" argument BUT

Would you say that if a neutral was watching this game, he would think that both sides wanted the win equally?

Totally agree - I remember going to Blackpool in April 2002 when we were in with a real chance of the play offs - after half an hour we were 4-0 down - lots of disbelief in the away section, our players looked like they didn’t give a toss that day, we were lacklustre,  pedestrian, slow, disinterested ..... yet we were in with a shout of the play offs!

Only Tommy D looked up for the fight (as usual!)  - the game ended 5-1 and we trudged back to The Manchester Bar - which cheered us up! But all the post-match talk was around ‘City didn’t want it today, they don’t want to go up, they’ve been told to blow it’ - conspiracy theories were flying around in ever increasing number as every pint went down! Not suggesting anything sinister went on that day, but why on earth weren’t our boys up for it when they had a chance of promotion? Think we ended up finishing 7th ....

On 29/04/2019 at 09:38, Redmycolour said:

I'm going to say it, you will put me down but I don't care, City do not want play-off WHY,

1,Johnson is not (REPEAT) not a PL coach,

2, half the players don't want it, because they know they'll be out come the end of the season, meaning no club to play for, 

3,Landsdowns don't want the expense of paying top wages for top players, 

4,as my understanding is, the players who contracts don't expire yet, and we get into PL, there wages double, 

5,so as I see it were just a Championship club with no ambition of going up with LJ a the reilm, 

I know I'm going to get blasted for this comment but I'm fed up with every season getting into play-off position the a few weeks left and we Blow it, Now I'm ready to get blasted, BUT ITS TRUE, 

Really good post mate. You should've seen how gutted Paterson was tonight when he accidentally shanked in that free kick and Diedhiou was noticeably gutted when he fired the ball in the bottom left corner with 10 mins to go; you could tell he meant to fire it into the upper tier. In all fairness, O'Leary did his best to start his holiday in Falaraki early but you could tell the players were raging when he dived to the bottom left hand corner and palmed the ball away. 

In in all, a sad night for the squad and Lansdown, it will be a silent coach on the way back to Bristol. 

8 minutes ago, Coppello said:

Really good post mate. You should've seen how gutted Paterson was tonight when he accidentally shanked in that free kick and Diedhiou was noticeably gutted when he fired the ball in the bottom left corner with 10 mins to go; you could tell he meant to fire it into the upper tier. In all fairness, O'Leary did his best to start his holiday in Falaraki early but you could tell the players were raging when he dived to the bottom left hand corner and palmed the ball away. 

In in all, a sad night for the squad and Lansdown, it will be a silent coach on the way back to Bristol. 

I also forgot to add the photos. Here’s a photo of Diedhiou looking gutted after scoring:

C60055F1-5B5F-415B-9EBC-1CD9A35D104B.thumb.jpeg.ca7adde12b6ba656e71feb95ee2f66ef.jpeg

I took a sneaky picture of Paterson celebrating their first: 

B1C803CF-88B9-40BB-AEAC-7B1719F0A780.thumb.jpeg.434efbef5a91b5b8d4581a569497cbbe.jpeg

The players really don’t want it @Redmycolour

51 minutes ago, Redmycolour said:

OK. And you don't get anything wrong 

I get a lot wrong. Unsubstantiated posts which call into question the integrity of LJ, Lansdown and the players get to me. The players have given their all this season and posting this after the Derby game, where the players clearly gave their all, is a bit embarrassing. 

We don’t have any divine right to finish in the top 6, and looking at the quality of some of the squads below us, we have massively overachieved this year. 

48 minutes ago, Redmycolour said:

OK. And you don't get anything wrong 

Reading this thread, I wonder if you paid too much attention to and gave a bit too much credit to, the bloke that you heard Saturday saying the players are ready for their holiday? Because you, like all of us, were very disappointed? Blokes aren't very good at dealing with how they feel.

Different people respond to disappointment in different ways, as we see on here. Bristol City will always serve up disappointment (sooner or later) so it might be worth in future paying more attention to this - how you respond to City losing/feeling like s**t - than to most of the things you hear said down the City ground, in the heat of the moment, when we lose, or should beat Ipswich/Wigan/Reading but don't. 

Be more doubtful, and questioning, of the typical explanations that you pay attention to as to why we lost/are not going up/ bought no-one in the transfer window.

Doubt and question the usual thoughts bouncing around in your head about Bristol City when we lose. Stop listening to heated blokes spouting off during home games when we are 0:2 and not going to finish sixth; or, at least, try picking holes in their certainty, and negativity.

And wait until Tuesday, after a defeat on the Saturday, before starting a thread, based on what one bloke said at AG.

Archived