IGNORED

Jamie Paterson

Olé

10 hours ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

More importantly it shows Palmer and  Pato CAN play in the same winning team, rather than both sitting on the bench.

Out of interest what was our formation and who was playing where in the second half last night. I was watching on a stream and pretty pixelated. I could tell much different from Diedhiou to Weimann!!!!

13 hours ago, Olé said:

One of the all time great City performances of the modern era, unforgettable. Discuss.

Rather limiting your audience there. This will forever remain a frustrated 'post it' note to our season lodged in your mind uncorroborated by the vast majority.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Out of interest what was our formation and who was playing where in the second half last night. I was watching on a stream and pretty pixelated. I could tell much different from Diedhiou to Weimann!!!!

As with the past few weeks I believe we've dispensed with the limitation of deploying formations. Not so much Total Football as Free-Form Expressionism. Players play where they feel like playing, which in Brownhill's case appeared to be 9 minutes in every position bar Goalie....

12 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

As with the past few weeks I believe we've dispensed with the limitation of deploying formations. Not so much Total Football as Free-Form Expressionism. Players play where they feel like playing, which in Brownhill's case appeared to be 9 minutes in every position bar Goalie....

I’ve said too many times this game is about players, formations are over analysed and over-rated in terms of importance. Don’t get me wrong they play a part, but if players win their battles, then in most cases you are gonna get a result. 

Everyone knows how Man City play, so why can’t opponent coaches stop them?  Because their players are better. Obviously Pep’s tactics play a part, but I don’t think his 433 is the main reason!

Last night it appeared more players win their battles. Paterson, Weimann etc. 

In fairness they did on Saturday v Derby but we didn’t take our chances, they got a deflected one. 

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Ooh could you find video evidence of the defensive shift and regaining possession bit? @dave36 has never seen him tackle apparently.?

His 2 latest performances have been special and I’ve said so in a number of posts, I hope he can continue in the same way

Archived