IGNORED

the up and coming fixture list, your input.

On 22/05/2019 at 09:51, phantom said:

Hate to keep saying it, but many clubs request these fixtures so would expect at least one of them to be away

The fixtures will be 99% done by now anyway, too late for any changes

Correct; the fixtures are issued to the clubs for their approval and to ensure there are no known other events in that area on the match day. The Police then get to see if there's any fixtures they want on a different day or KO time.

EG1; City were meant to play at Colchester one August Bank Holiday afternoon. Essex Constab tthen decided as there was a music festival on, they did not have enough resources to cover both events. So the match was moved to a Tuesday night resulting in less travelling fans. CUFC should have sued the Police for loss of potential earnings.

EG2; For many years the Police would not let Leeds play in the Greater Manchester area on a Saturday. Even when Leeds were third tier, the game at Oldham was moved to mid week.

At a national conference the suggestion was made that all long distance journeys (Carlisle - Gillingham etc) should be on a Saturday at the start or end of the season with local derbies at Christmas time.

Apart from making sure we are away whilst the Balloon fiesta is on, I’m not sure they really give a toss what we want/or put forward to them?

Main things for me is, make the midweek fixtures as ‘local’ as they possibly can.

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Wouldn’t it have more impact on the numbers travelling if it’s a long trip?!

I seem to remember it being explained by someone else on here a year or two ago. 

The theory being that the dedicated travelling supporters will go whether its Saturday or mid-week.

There are fewer 'other' fans who travel further away, so losing those by having it midweek isn't as big a reduction in away fans as would happen by putting a closer game midweek.

Something like that anyway!

Archived