IGNORED

we gave 100 people 100 seconds......

slartibartfast

Considering it's been going continuously for 8 or 9 years and literally 100's of shows, the question I ask is..................has anyone on this site been approach to answer the myriad of questions they allegedly ask the random passer-by for the answers on Pointless ?

I'm sorry I just can't believe they do a genuine vox pop to all these people (which must number thousands by now).             I truly believe the compilers just think of arbitrary numbers to apportion to each question, and it's a big fiddle.                        There, I've said it !!!

8 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Considering it's been going continuously for 8 or 9 years and literally 100's of shows, the question I ask is..................has anyone on this site been approach to answer the myriad of questions they allegedly ask the random passer-by for the answers on Pointless ?

I'm sorry I just can't believe they do a genuine vox pop to all these people (which must number thousands by now).             I truly believe the compilers just think of arbitrary numbers to apportion to each question, and it's a big fiddle.                        There, I've said it !!!

Both Armstrong and Osman are both amusingly  ‘suspicious’ about the claim of a hundred people ect,ect.

Thats them pretty much saying it doesn’t actually happen.

If a lady with a clipboard in a shopping centre corners you and demands that you list as many winning Eurovision entries or words containing the letters ‘cat’ as you can in the space of a minute, she’s either lonely or a serial killer. What she isn’t is a researcher for the BBC’s Pointless.

Redshift Research, a London-based market research company has conducted all of the Pointless surveys online since the show began in 2009. They identify people to take part in a range of research surveys using their Crowdology online tool and pay them for the time they spend filling in questionnaires. The key thing, according to host Alexander Armstrong is that the people polled aren’t aware they’re answering Pointless questions. “You can’t ‘apply’ to be one of the 100 people because that would then affect the outcome.”

https://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/pointless/42886/pointless-how-are-the-100-people-polled-other-questions

On ‎31‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 23:02, Erithacus said:

When the fact came out that Richard Osman's laptop is not actually switched on (and the answers are all on a piece of paper) the show lost a lot of its aura.

Bit like watching Jools Holland on new years eve and finding out it's pre recorded!

I've often wondered which branch of what bank 'the banker' used by Noels Deal or No Deal used.

Amazed how the guy was always available on the phone when the studio called, I've never been able to contact my N W bank manager directly, ever.

Anyone know if he was in a high street branch of a major bank or what?

On ‎01‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 00:15, joe jordans teeth said:

Did anyone really ever think the laptop was on from the first episode apart from the gullible 

I really like Pointless and have watched many episodes. During that time I have never once wondered or cared about whether his laptop was on or not :)

On ‎04‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 09:15, Super said:

Bit like watching Jools Holland on new years eve and finding out it's pre recorded!

Noooooo!

Archived