IGNORED

Adam Webster - Update - Sold to Brighton

Red Army 75

31 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I'm not quite sure why you are singling Webster out about the issue of footballers wages. Why not pick those out that earn like 600k a week? 

Unfortunately, you and I are the reason for footballers being paid so much.

Unlike most modern footballers Webster is really down to earth and a nice guy and imo I'll be delighted for him that he will be set up for life financially.

I wasn't signalling him out UTC, just explaining to Ashton Great why Webster would not stay here when he has the chance to move to Brighton. I reckon we pay our players decent money and hope they are respectful of the fortunate position in which they find themselves being championship footballers.

When it comes to the wages being paid to top players I am sure they get to a position where it is not so much the money being important because they need it, but because it reflects their relative status within either their club brother top players throughout the footballing world.

What I don't get is when a player agrees a new contract and one of the conditions is that he will always be the club's best paid player.  Also, I can begrudgingly understand that top players will earn very good money, but relatively ordinary players are now earning ludicrous salaries at premier league clubs. 

1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

I'm not quite sure why you are singling Webster out about the issue of footballers wages. Why not pick those out that earn like 600k a week? 

Unfortunately, you and I are the reason for footballers being paid so much.

Unlike most modern footballers Webster is really down to earth and a nice guy and imo I'll be delighted for him that he will be set up for life financially.

Why so?

6 minutes ago, Pezo said:

After 2 days of smashing F5 can someone just let me know when this is a done "done" deal please. 

Well, when we have a replacement maybe Webster will be announced as a Brighton player..

Tomori is completely unrealistic tbh. Why would Chelsea loan him to us given he was POTY last season for a club who lost the playoff final when I doubt we'll do that and I think we'll get semi-finals at best. Mount played worse for Tomori and is going to get into their first team, and with the direction Frank and Jody want to go in no way will they loan Tomori to a Championship club. He's been linked heavily to Everton ffs. Completely unrealistic. Michael Hector needed. 

5 minutes ago, Mattyisared said:

Tomori is completely unrealistic tbh. Why would Chelsea loan him to us given he was POTY last season for a club who lost the playoff final when I doubt we'll do that and I think we'll get semi-finals at best. Mount played worse for Tomori and is going to get into their first team, and with the direction Frank and Jody want to go in no way will they loan Tomori to a Championship club. He's been linked heavily to Everton ffs. Completely unrealistic. Michael Hector needed. 

So if I’ve got this right, you aren’t 100% convinced that Tomori will be joining us?

On 31/07/2019 at 22:41, Norn Iron said:

Summary of the 57 pages....

Has Webster been sold? No but it could be no, not yet.

Will Webster be sold? Depends on whether SL and LJ want to keep him but if the money is great then maybe. See the next point...

The next point...Manure most probably has bought that bloke from Leicester (Sky late last night) which means Leicester can buy that bloke from Brighton which means Brighton need a decent CB which means Brighton buys Webster. 

OTIB to be investigated by the RSPCA over cruelty to a hamster that was used as a football for goal scoring practice. OTIB is frantically trying to prove that the hamster belonged to a Swedish striker and, therefore, would never have been injured.

Archived