IGNORED

Scottish signings.

22A

Celtic have signed a 18 year old from Bolton and Dundee have signed a player from Cheltenham.

Have the Scottish clubs signed quality that we in the EFL missed, or are Scottish teams getting desperate now?

2 minutes ago, TBW said:

The Scottish league is shite, wouldnt worry too much.

Bristol City are bigger than Celtic.

Oh, get a grip.  Look at  the size of Parkhead (minimum league attendance 2018-19, 54,500), the finances, and notwithstanding the state of Scottish football their success over decades. 

Really mate, to say we’re bigger than them is plain daft.

4 minutes ago, bcdc said:

Oh, get a grip.  Look at  the size of Parkhead (minimum league attendance 2018-19, 54,500), the finances, and notwithstanding the state of Scottish football their success over decades. 

Ok Paddy he was only joking

Obviously Celtic are bigger than city, but as for potential they have pretty much got as far as they will ever go. Whereas currently the sky is the limit for us[i mean top 6 prem is probably the best we could ever hope for] . Celtic will never be a bigger club than they are right now but we have the potential to become bigger in the future, They do not!

Can their fans really look forward to the start of the season like we do? It says something when the most excitement the fans can get is when another team gives them a bit of competition. Think i would rather be a fan of a league 2 team than a Celtic fan.

1 hour ago, bcdc said:

No one cares

1 hour ago, bcdc said:

I wouldn’t say the consistent Scottish league success is nearly as impressive as them having lifted a European cup.

On a serious note, they have a 100m turnover and they average well over 50k per game.

An absolutely huge club amongst the biggest in Europe despite the Scottish league being weak.

Shame that Rangers are shite and they have no serious competition.

3 hours ago, 22A said:

Have the Scottish clubs signed quality that we in the EFL missed, or are Scottish teams getting desperate now?

Think the Bolton lad will develop into a good player, but I think Celtic is an excellent place to go display his skills for a few years before moving back to England.

Without a doubt Celtic are 10 times the size we are as a club.

But when they go 4/0 up at Partick the fans go mental and it puts them 30 points clear at the top of the league, to win it for the 10,th year in a row wheres the buzz?

Now I know everything depends on beating Rangers records, but what the ****!!

Give me going 3/0 up at Northampton first game of the season anytime. Urrreeeeeddddssss.

15 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Without a doubt Celtic are 10 times the size we are as a club.

But when they go 4/0 up at Partick the fans go mental and it puts them 30 points clear at the top of the league, to win it for the 10,th year in a row wheres the buzz?

Now I know everything depends on beating Rangers records, but what the ****!!

Give me going 3/0 up at Northampton first game of the season anytime. Urrreeeeeddddssss.

You had to choose Partick as the example didn’t you?! As the Major in Fawlty Towers said ...”I won’t have that” ....

6 hours ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

I saw that Celtic and Rangers signed Luca Connell and Joe Aribo respectively but what I don't understand is this cross border transfer fee which enables the Scottish clubs to sign them for peanuts. 

Connell was signed for £200k and Aribo £300k! Both Bolton and Charlton got royally shafted by Celtic and Rangers.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4425325/luca-connell-celtic-contract-bolton-transfer-fee-legal-advice/

Not according to Bolton.

2 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

They havent won the welsh cup or the anglo scottish cup.

They never do anything in Europe. 

I think rangers will give them a run for their money this year.

Gerald will attract better players than neil lennon.

You're right. I mean, apart from winning the European Cup, being the runner up in the European Cup, several semi finals in the European Cup, being UEFA Cup finalists, several semi finals in other European competitions, beating Real Madrid, Barcelona, Inter MIlan,  Manchester United, Liverpool, Juventus  and many more, Celtic have never done anything in Europe.

2 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

They havent won the welsh cup or the anglo scottish cup.

They never do anything in europe. 

I think rangers will give them a run for their money this year.

Gerald will attract better players than neil lennon.

Gerald (sic) signs players like 36 year old Jermain Defoe. Lennon signs players like 21 year old Virgil van Dijk.

Defoe was a good signing no doubt about that 8 goals in 17 games isnt bad.

Lennon does ok at celtic because its easy.

His record at bolton was dire.

Signing one player doesnt make a good manger.

So because celtic once one the cup in the 60s this makes them on par with man utd or l;iverpool?

Rubbish.

They havent won anything in europe in 50 years,

Archived