IGNORED

Southampton Last Time

Redtrojan

The last time i can recall seeing southampton at the gate was in the old div 1(now Premier League),it was a freezing night and i believe it even snowed for a while.We were both doing fairly poorly at the time and it was an impt match.Unfortunately southampton won 1 or 2 nil.I remember channon scoring and running away doing that windmill with his arm in celebration.I think that was the season we were relegated and southampton stayed up.Now look at the difference in the two teams.Ah well,can see us getting a right seeing to tonight like newcastle at home a few years ago.But in cup football you just never know,heres hoping setting off in 1 hour,hope it doesn't rain too much as i'm in the family enclosure tonight!!

The last time I saw Southampton at Ashton Gate was a 1991 Zenith Data Systems Cup Tie. I was in the East End and watched Matt LeTissier(sp) and Alan Shearer amongst others.

Hmm, Z.D.S. At least tonights tie isn't "Mickey Mouse", but you'll be able to tell that by the crowd. 5,672 for the Z.D.S. and whatever the club make up for tonight, let's say 13,000 ish. Who's counting, Leslie Kew ? :Costumed34:

Ok here goes, last League visit to the Gate would have been in that doomed 79/80 season. Their next visit was that game in aid of the Ashton Eight. 1-0 to them in the 1991 ZDS game and yes Lil, I think we did play them in a friendly not so long back.

Archived