IGNORED

Taylor Moore

MartockRed

18 hours ago, spudski said:

What I find unusual is that it comes out in an interview with 442.

Why wouldn't the Club have a done a similar article, so that the fans understand the reasoning behind loans etc?

Bit odd I admit and I also wondered whilst reading it why he only reached out to his agent and he wasn’t better looked after by (1) us - don’t we have Tinns in charge of all loanees at other clubs? and also (2) Southend seeing as we had entrusted an asset to them. If he felt as if he was essentially abandoned then that is not a great crack to have fallen through. Looks like this has shone a light and we as a club need to up our game in our pastoral care of our players no matter where they are. 

12 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Bit odd I admit and I also wondered whilst reading it why he only reached out to his agent and he wasn’t better looked after by (1) us - don’t we have Tinns in charge of all loanees at other clubs? and also (2) Southend seeing as we had entrusted an asset to them. If he felt as if he was essentially abandoned then that is not a great crack to have fallen through. Looks like this has shone a light and we as a club need to up our game in our pastoral care of our players no matter where they are. 

I wonder if he felt that the club would finish with him altogether if he went to them and said I think I am having an issue with the mental side of being a footballer.  Maybe he felt it would be better if he did it himself if he was unsure which club he would be with this season? 

Having listened to Brian Tinnion's interview with @Shtanley I don't have any worries about our current pastoral care. 

Archived