IGNORED

Bristol City v Leeds United Match Day 1

Septic Peg

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

My perspective is we’ve been poor today...but we’ve also played one of the best - if not THE best - in the division. We are expecting new arrivals this week. There are 45 games still to go. There are plenty of teams worse than us and not as good as Leeds. There are good reasons not to write the season off and say everything is terrible after one game.

I think the other thing is Leeds are a team that are particularly set up in a way we struggle against. I don’t think it a coincidence our worst performances are frequently against Leeds and Brentford as I think teams that are comfortable at the back and hard to press into errors tend to nullify us.

It is frustrating we still have not learned how to play against those teams but I do not think that necessarily means we will be outclassed every week...

10 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

My perspective is we’ve been poor today...but we’ve also played one of the best - if not THE best - in the division. We are expecting new arrivals this week. There are 45 games still to go. There are plenty of teams worse than us and not as good as Leeds. There are good reasons not to write the season off and say everything is terrible after one game.

I hate (watching us play against) Leeds

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Leeds do look bloody good. If they can keep up this sort of high intensity pressing game for the next 9 months then they'll be in with a very good chance of going up...or they'll burn out...again.

WE MADE THEM LOOK GOOD! We made Palace look like European Champions last week!

Just now, LondonBCFC said:

Not sure if it's been said but surprisingly impressed by Taylor Moore today given how dross the whole performance has been 

Not great for last 2 goals. Not the answer.

1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

Weimann should only start if played up front, useless and a liability in right midfield as he showed for 65 mins today.

Considering how much winger depth we are meant to have, it amazes me that Weimann continues to start to the right.

A true stats player

1 minute ago, marcofisher said:

Marlon Pack always looks utterly lost against teams that play with high intensity, why do we insist on playing him in a midfield 2 in these matches?!

I have repeatedly queried why LJ sticks with 2 in midfield when we are so often outnumbered. Baffling.

3 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Weimann should only start if played up front, useless and a liability in right midfield as he showed for 65 mins today.

Utter Rubbish! Go have a word with yourself! However he is a forward. He makes run after run and finally today Desilva picked him out with one that nearly got him in!!

2 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Yeah that's what I mean. Weimann central with the others around him. Gives up so much more energy to press and attack 

3 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

WE MADE THEM LOOK GOOD! We made Palace look like European Champions last week!

We've allowed then to play their game yes. We've not coped with the high and fast press. But they'll do what they've done to us today to plenty of the other 22 teams in this division.

Archived