IGNORED

Bristol City v Leeds United Match Day 1

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, REDOXO said:

WE MADE THEM LOOK GOOD!

This. It makes me laugh we can't possibly say we are shit, however Leeds are incredible and amazing. Pass and move, looking for the ball rather than running away from it. We seemed to have learned nothing. 

Yes pack isn't the same player, however when no one shows for the ball it hardly makes his life easier. We haven't learned from last season at all. Still, only one up front? Still no decent right back? Still not another forward. It really isn't ******* rocket science is it.

There will be ‘worse’ teams on paper this year who will do a much better job frustrating Leeds this year. My major concern in how over our last dozen games or so we have come so porous at the back. Every goal they scored, good as they were, was down to poor defending for this level.

Leeds looked good. We also made them look good. Why are we so passive in the first half at home?

6 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Utter Rubbish! Go have a word with yourself! However he is a forward. He makes run after run and finally today Desilva picked him out with one that nearly got him in!!

I do not think he has been useless at all. He has contributed more attacking wise than any other player but I do think we need to start games against the better teams in the division with someone on the wing who does a little more defensively. I am in agreement with those who think Weimann should have started up front rather than on the flank.

34 minutes ago, Spike said:

Same thing that was said all of last season, "After one game?!", "Still half the season to go!", "Still can make playoffs" etc... when you can see glaring issues they need to be addressed, they don't just fix themselves over time.

Honestly some of you are unbelievable 

2 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Sorry but that's just knee jerk donkey bollocks IMHO

No it's not completely got it wrong again.... why play COD doesn't want to be here?? KP proved last year he's poor on the offensive and shouldn't have started..... at present that squad is still lacking wot it was last year so no knee jerks just the truth. No leader No ball winner and No goal scorer.

3 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I do not think he has been useless but I do think we need to start games against the better teams in the division with someone on the wing who does a little more defensively. I am in agreement with those who think Weimann should have started up front rather than on the flank.

We need to start games with a game plan that isn’t punt the ball to Diedhiou and hope someone picks up sloppy seconds...GJ and Adebola spring to mind and that cost us promotion too.

34 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

Yes. after 65 minutes.

At least three quality signings are needed imo.

Would take mid table right now tbh.

My god I wouldn't want you covering my back in the trenches. All that would be seen is dust as you run away.

I think what we learned today is absolutely nothing that we didn’t know already but Taylor Moore is more than capable of filling Webster’s spot. We don’t need a new centre back, but we do need a new right back, new centre mid (hopefully already sorted), and new striker.

Also, why are we still not starting Eliasson, and waiting until we bring Fam off to bring him on? It makes no sense...

Dire performance. Quite why we couldn’t have applied that same urgency and desire from the brief spell at the end through the whole 90 minutes is baffling. 

For the umpteenth time we only start playing when it’s too late we’re too far behind. 

We did absolutely nothing well today. No pressing, no desire, no urgency, afraid to show for the ball. Very, very disappointing performance. 

5 minutes ago, Allwaysred said:

No it's not completely got it wrong again.... why play COD doesn't want to be here?? KP proved last year he's poor on the offensive and shouldn't have started..... at present that squad is still lacking wot it was last year so no knee jerks just the truth. No leader No ball winner and No goal scorer.

No sense?

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

Dire performance. Quite why we couldn’t have applied that same urgency and desire from the brief spell at the end through the whole 90 minutes is baffling. 

For the umpteenth time we only start playing when it’s too late we’re too far behind. 

We did absolutely nothing well today. No pressing, no desire, no urgency, afraid to show for the ball. Very, very disappointing performance. 

Since last season we have become a passive team at home. When LJ was asked why he mumbled something about the opposition.

1 minute ago, REDOXO said:

We need to start games with a game plan that isn’t punt the ball to Diedhiou and hope someone picks up sloppy seconds...

I know where you are coming from, but Weimann (especially) and COD just never showed for the ball on the flanks, leaving little option but to hit to Diedhiou in the middle. I know you don't like it, but the fact is Weimann offers next to nothing playing right midfield and gives no defensive cover at all, Eliasson is miles better in that position. 

It was a gamble playing COD, and not one that worked. 

Archived