IGNORED

Pedro Pereira - Clips

Coppello

Given many of our new signings are a bit left-field, I have (rather sadly) spent a bit of time on Wyscout this evening viewing clips to gain an understanding of what they're all about. I've not been a huge fan of Jack Hunt and was pleased to see the introduction of Pedro Pereira yesterday. A few comments on twitter from those who have watched him closely define him as a defensive fullback which I thought was pleasing as it will give Eliasson license to attack, if played on the right. 

The following video shows some of the Wyscout defined 'best bits' but illustrates he has a decent all round game and isn't too bad going forward. I briefly delved into his stats and noticed that pass completion and cross success percentages are in line with Jack Hunt last season but Serie A is obviously a higher standard than the Championship. 

I'm quite excited to see how he gets on and the League Cup game against QPR has come at the perfect time. 

As @ExiledAjax said, highlights can make anyone look good (well maybe not Bas Savage), but there is something more in that highlights package - he looks good defending and going forward, and would maybe look comfortable in the Premiership, although that is now the market we are looking at.

It's an interesting time to be a City fan, this could be another transitional season especially with a largely new team, but can we afford to not finish in the top 6? I'm not so sure we can....

Be interesting to hear what he makes of the division after a few months here. 

Pisano mentioned how the intensity was a lot higher but not as tactical. 

As others have said, QPR game will come at a good time to get some minutes in legs, hopefully we can go through to keep the fringe players happy.

Archived