IGNORED

Birmingham City v Bristol City Match Day 2

Septic Peg

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Today’s biggest problem 

46AE4129-A17C-4F44-BD4E-E67D23E101E1.png

You have to wonder why though? I'm sure LJ hasn't asked him to, and I doubt he wants to either as he knows it's not his strength.

I suspect that he's not feeling there is an option to work it through the middle for some reason.

1 minute ago, bris red said:

Baker and Wright are like throwbacks. Absolutely hopeless with the ball at there feet. Huge problem for us.

In fairness they could just pass it 5 yards to a midfielder.

1 minute ago, RedSA said:

From this first 45 gotta say Nagy looking like a major upgrade on Pack to me. Reading the game well, interceptions, lots of movement and wanting the ball, releasing it quickly with accuracy. ?

Now at that’s what we like to hear ?

2 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

You have to wonder why though? I'm sure LJ hasn't asked him to, and I doubt he wants to either as he knows it's not his strength.

I suspect that he's not feeling there is an option to work it through the middle for some reason.

Lack of option definitely a part of it yes. He is also playing percentages and not giving away short passes but still poor

Just now, The Original OTIB said:

Are you watching somewhere? Many balls being over hit and he's done well with what he's been given. The wind is probably a factor. Lots of stray passes today. Best to keep it on the deck.

Agreed.

But with both Wright and Baker at the back....

At the break the midfielders have to be having a go at them as well as LJ - they aint sent out there with instructions to lump it.

1 minute ago, The Original OTIB said:

Are you watching somewhere? Many balls being over hit and he's done well with what he's been given. The wind is probably a factor. Lots of stray passes today. Best to keep it on the deck.

That’s our game plan out the window then ?

4 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Lack of option definitely a part of it yes. He is also playing percentages and not giving away short passes but still poor

I'd guess that opposition managers now Webster is gone will tell their forwards not to hassle Baker and Wright, but instead mark our midfield tightly with the knowledge it'll cause us to give up possession. Each time Nagy receives a pass from them he's facing our goal, and if he tried to turn he'f have someone right in his face most likely!

That kind of movement and understanding will come from our tactics and build with time though - which is probably why it's looking a bit shit at the moment.

Archived