IGNORED

Hull City v Bristol City Match Day 5

Septic Peg

Sorry I'm late!

Nightmare in the Peg household today, weddings galore, birthdays, bloody dog driving everyone nuts. Argh. 

So Han Noah v Ashley.

Youth v experience.

Tuesday night, Sideshow Bob was the hero of the hour. Worked like a machine, the audience sang his name loud and clear and he tweeted his acknowledgement of his "massive hair".

But under the cover of that huge barnet, a certain unofficial welshman was dressed in our clobber, watching from the sidelines. Twitter went into meltdown. And they still left it three days before his announcement (on Ashley's 35th birthday no less according to Wikipedia - so it's probably wrong). Utter shithousing from City. Everyone knew and they still left it. Rotters.

So youth v experience. One's played Champions League and Ligue 1, the other has played Prem and internationally for his country. One has Ryan Giggs' number in his phone, one has Fabregas' number in his phone. One is solid and built like a brick outhouse and one is nimble and lithe.

Can Ashley Williams, with all his experiences (most notably captaining Wales in Euro 2016 in the semi finals) and contacts and knowledge, have an effect on the youngster with the world literally at his feet? I'd like to think so. Aaron Wilbraham was kept by us for so long because he was an old hand and a wise owl for the youngsters. He would have had an influence over Joe Bryan, Bobby Reid and Lloyd Kelly just for examples. 

If Ashley does well from now til Christmas, I can see him sticking about til May and then even going on the books as a coach. Watch and wait.

On to today.

Hull haven't had the best of starts with a loss at Swansea and again against Blackburn, a scrappy win against Reading and a draw with Brentford. We always tend to play better on the road so I'm sticking my neck out with a 2-1 win. Williams is admittedly not match fit so may only feature as a sub. I reckon Fam will do the business today with a brace.

COYRS!

I read that against blackburn they played a high press, specifically in the wider areas and stopped Blackburn playing. Second half they couldn't match the work rate and blackburn began to dominate.

They got some decent players in that squad and I forgot they signed Tom Eaves too. Be interesting to see how he copes against our back line.

32 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

I reckon Fam will do the business today with a brace.

I hadn't heard Fammy was having his teeth straightened, but yes, you'd imagine this will help him to do the business today.

Perhaps even twice?

Think this game will be quite similar to QPR, with the threats from wide.  Don’t mind if Hull get the ball wide as long as that doesn’t lead to dragging our CBs out and leaving gaps inside.  With Bowen and Grosicki not being tasked to track back, we might see Palmer able to get into pockets on the half turn.

Quite interested to see Tom Eaves, whether he has the quality to step-up.  Has decent feet and good technique for a big lad.

Just a little concerned about Bowen and Grosicki on the flanks against Hunt and Rowe, they may get some profit from that, although they will leave gaps behind them as neither likes to track back.

Assuming we have no further injuries (I think Weimann may be a doubt) we should take at least a point.

bcfc01, back garden, Bristol.

42 minutes ago, Unan said:

What a beautiful day, wish I was going today, sat in my garden in France(?) with a rum & coke & some reggae waiting for the mighty cider to take the 3 points.

Rum & coke with reggae is a very 1960s thing. Are you wearing a mohair suit and a pork pie hat? 

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Hull haven't had the best of starts with a loss at Swansea and again against Blackburn, a scrappy win against Reading and a draw with Brentford. We always tend to play better on the road so I'm sticking my neck out with a 2-1 win. Williams is admittedly not match fit so may only feature as a sub. I reckon Fam will do the business today with a brace.

Has hell frozen over? Septic Peg has predicted we will win ?

Archived