IGNORED

Roberts......

tully

The next anyone thinks about slagging Roberts, remember where he came from and what he cost the club compared to one or two others we could mention!!

For example:-

Steve Jones - 500k from Charlton - bloody useless!

Lee Peacock - 600k from Man City - did ok but was he worth the dosh?

Christain Roberts - 100k from Exeter! - 17 goals in his first full season (and no pens to beef up his tally a la Thorpe); didn't get much of a lookin last season, but came up trumps with some vital goals at the end. I guess just the Hartlepool goal alone paid his transfer fee several times over!!

I realise he aint a fans favourite, and he aint going to set the world alight - but from what we have had out of him for the princely sum of 100k = good value in my book!!

Totally agree ... By anyone's standards he has been good value for money. The problem with him is that you are still left thinking/feeling he could be even better, but for some extra belief in himself and some minor work on his attitude.

I personally really rate Roberts he is 1 of my best players he is quick and he has the best shot in the team shame he dont shoot more but yeh if Roberts keeps playing like he finished last season and started this pre-season i reckon he could become a key player this season.

I'd say it was his shooting that lets him down..............

I agree - anyone at Barnsley can vouch for that!

I just think there are some really aggressive postings on this forum against the lad, which in my view are not justified.

for 100k he scored some very vital goals and in his first season he scored 17 goals which dosn't usually happen in someones first season. He is quick and has a powerful shot & in hsi first year was much beter than peacock in my opinion

I personally really rate Roberts he is 1 of my best players he is quick and he has the best shot in the team shame he dont shoot more but yeh if Roberts keeps playing like he finished last season and started this pre-season i reckon he could become a key player this season.

WHAT!!! he shoots too much at the wrong time and very rarely on target. He never selects the option of the easy ball when the goal is gaping for someone else....HAVE A WORD.

Would agree that for the money Roberts was not a bad signing, Question is would anyone take him off our hands for a profit?

Question is would anyone take him off our hands for a profit?

I think we all know the answer is probably no.

But, he was purchased before the market really started to deflate and he has helped the make the team reasonably good value to watch (hence, helped put bums on seat).

The question is has he saved us buying a player for a higher price and wage demands? The answer to this is probably yes so in a way, a profit has been made on this asset ^_^

• Admin
:Sleep12:  :Sleep12:  :Sleep12:  :Sleep12:  :Sleep12:

Oh come on, I post often enough (most would say I post too often :yawn: ) and it should be clear by now that Roberts is amongst my favourite players - Welsh or not :yawn:

To those who say he plays like a "headless chicken", if Roberts himself doesn't know what he's going to do next then how the hell are the opposition's defenders meant to know? ^_^

Roberts provides our team with a sense of unpredictability and at 23 has his best years ahead of him. People expect him to be the finished article already when if he were he wouldn't be playing for us.

Roberts WILL improve if the remainder of his time at the club as he has done already (eg if faced with the position he found himself in in the 91st minute against Hartlepool a year earlier there is little doubt the ball would have ended up in Ashton Park) and when he does we will have an awesome player on our hands......

:D

WHAT!!! he shoots too much at the wrong time and very rarely on target. He never selects the option of the easy ball when the goal is gaping for someone else....HAVE A WORD.

Would agree that for the money Roberts was not a bad signing, Question is would anyone take him off our hands for a profit?

yeh he does shoot at the wrong time sometimes yeh but when he does shoot and its the right time he cant half hit a ball and he doesnt shoot all the time at all because when he does people like you get on his back and when he dont then we dont score enough goals so he gets dropped which i suppose makes most people happy.

Also why would we wanna sell him i know we have alot of strikers but he could become a key player this year.

Still think he will leave. IMO.

But new season new start lets hope if he gets the chance he will take it. My impression from speaking to him a while back was that he doesn't think he will figure as a starter. Every player wants first team football, I think this will make Christian leave (again my opinion).

Maybe the fresh start he talked about was with City and not another team, only time will tell!

He is more than good enough for a Div1/2/3/4 (whatever league we are in this week) side. He may even be good enough for a Championship side, but lets just see if we can get out of this shyte division first. His strike rate last season considering the appearances he didnt get, backed by Lee M (Similar problem), and a decent striker like Heffernan, and not that donkey ^_^ (That'll start another ruck that will!!!) Peacock should insure plenty of goals, and who can tell- a prolonged run in his proper role, with service, and hey we might have another decent profit on our hands. Mark Hughes dont play donkies, he dont have to, although not as good as Englands side, the Taffs (Oh goody another ruck!! :D ) aint too shabby a side in their own right.

Guest jackhartlanduk

waste of money Hmm, I bet there's a smilie on here that conveys laughter but I'm too lazy to look for it. nah i do not realy know i dont rate him

Peacock didn't get a lot of goals but his work rate and the donkey work he put unsettled a lot of defenders and he set up a lot of goals by holding players off.

When Christian (all be it out of position) played the right flank he looked uninterested and repeatedly failed to track back which is unexceptable. Peacock worked his socks off......allthough he was rubbish.

Guest Neilio
WHAT!!! he shoots too much at the wrong time and very rarely on target.

So when do you suggest he does shoot?

I personally feel Roberts was one of a handfull last season who actually shot from outside 12 yards. If one thing let us down last season was our scoring ability and why was that ? becuase noone would shoot past 12 yards , becuase people gets on there back.

I dont think Roberts is the best player we have but i have respect for him seeing as he will carry on shooting no matter how much fans get on his back.

Guest MaloneFM

I like the bloke. He is a genuis. No sorry couldn't keep a straight face there.

Roberts problem is he thinks he is better than he actually is. He also beleives the world is out to get him..including his own team mates. He is charlie big potatoes.

But we paid how much? And got how much?

Not bad really. Although I think he is punching above his weight and he knows it.

^_^

Guest alex_mike

he is a good player but he is a poser( when he got subbed against brighton he was just walking off chewing his gum like he diden't give a toss but i know he does it's just him being himself.)

Archived