IGNORED

Roberts......

tully

I think Robberts is quality and sometimes enjoy his badboy attitude, I think it's a refreshing change from the mundane.

It's nice to see a little testosterone on the pitch I think it can helps us turn a game around.

Having seen Robbo play against clevedon this pre-season, I was impressed with his movement, hunger and finishing. Looking forward to seeing him playing just behind the front 2 this season.

Guest hairyshamrock

A mate of mine, a Man City fan so completely impartial, referred to Robbo as a Welsh version of Asprilla (formerly of Newcastle). I can only agree, he needs a lot of great coaching, which he will get at city, and Mark Hughes isn't looking at him for the good of his health! I agree that he's no where near the finished article, but does anyone remember 2000 at Wembley when a certain Mr Murray missed at the near post with everything he hit. And I also remember the same player hitting, reming me... 27(?) goals only a year ago... Think of how we take young players and develope them! 100k for Robbo was a good bet and i think it'll pay off in a big way one day!

Well maybe this could be Roberts season to stand out, if Tinion decides to pick Robo as a regular at the start of this season, then maybe he can stand out and show the new man that he is a serious contender for a 1st team shirt, especially with City playing attacking football this season, he does wonders feeding off midfield balls and is very quick, I just think he needs to belive in himself a little more and not be so afraid to shoot from outside the box.

No! The Barnsley match last season (the last away league game) where he blazed way over an open goal with all the time in the world!!

That sums up the jaundiced attitude of some City fans about Roberts - they'd rather dwell on one mis-hit than hand out deserved credit for a hat-trick.

By this reckoning Michael Owen makes a fool of himself several times a season.

Roberts - bargain at TWICE the price.

Don't think there has been such a divide of opinion at Ashton Gate since um the sacking of Danny Wilson!! At the testimonial last night for every fan slating Roberts it seemed two around me would try and show their support for the guy. After the pitch-invasion at Hartlepool and Roberts being held aloft by our own fans I can't see how people can have such short memories.

I really rate Roberts-the season before last he showed what he can do when playing up front(18 goals and numerous assists)and similar last year towards the end of the season. While he can be inconsistent on his day he can be a quality player! We as fans don't know what he's going to do so the defenders sure as hell don't!! Adds a bit of excitement to the team and while he can be frustrating I'd rather have him on the pitch as for every few moments of madness he can conjure up a moment of brilliance.

Can see Roberts becoming a kind of cult-hero amongst fans if he stays! He seems to get the most stick from Away Fans as well because of his cocky-attitude on the pitch so the least we can do is rally around and support him when he's playing!! If he was a local-lad having came through our Academy he would get nowhere near the amount of stick he does now...as much as I despise all things Cardiff City with a passion I really rate Roberts highly.

While he's by no means perfect on his day he can be class. Here's for 2004/2005 being the season of Christian "The Boyo" Roberts and City finally escaping this league!!

P.s. It showed again yesterday the different mindset towards different players. Imagine if Roberts had been in trouble with the law and then screwed a chance miles wide from 2 yards out?! Let's hope all 5 strikers get a fair chance this season to cement their place!

WHAT!!! he shoots too much at the wrong time and very rarely on target. He never selects the option of the easy ball when the goal is gaping for someone else....HAVE A WORD.

Would agree that for the money Roberts was not a bad signing, Question is would anyone take him off our hands for a profit?

No, but it would be a smaller financial loss than the likes of Lee Peacock and Steve Jones

Archived