IGNORED

Liverpool hack Man City

Unan

Last week there was a report in the Times and the Independent that for 8 months between June 2012 and Feb 2013, i.e. two transfer windows Liverpool accessed Manchester City's scouting record.

City called in IT security and the papers report it related to ex-employees who were recruited by Liverpool FC.

In that period Liverpool FC bought players such as Coutinho. You wonder also whether this is the tip of the iceberg. Did Liverpool FC do the same with other clubs?

This warrants very serious investigation. According to the press reports, Liverpool paid City £1m in compensation, but surely now that the new has broken, the Premier League and or FIFA have to look at this. It could have affected any number of clubs. Did it materially affect transfer activity?

Independent story (The original news was broken by the Times but it's behind a pay-wall.)

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

You seemed surprised that dodgy behaviour goes on in the PL, including the Champions League winners and Premiership Champions...........

Your obsession with, and demand for ‘accuracy’ (see your post in ‘Benik Afobe Injury’ thread) didn’t last long - it’s the Premier League not the Premiership ...

On 27/09/2019 at 11:56, Seneca the Younger said:

Last week there was a report in the Times and the Independent that for 8 months between June 2012 and Feb 2013, i.e. two transfer windows Liverpool accessed Manchester City's scouting record.

City called in IT security and the papers report it related to ex-employees who were recruited by Liverpool FC.

In that period Liverpool FC bought players such as Coutinho. You wonder also whether this is the tip of the iceberg. Did Liverpool FC do the same with other clubs?

This warrants very serious investigation. According to the press reports, Liverpool paid City £1m in compensation, but surely now that the new has broken, the Premier League and or FIFA have to look at this. It could have affected any number of clubs. Did it materially affect transfer activity?

Independent story (The original news was broken by the Times but it's behind a pay-wall.)

They must have hacked our scouting network too to make Ryan Kent look like a worthwhile prospect...

I jest, as I’ve always defended Kent

On 27/09/2019 at 11:56, Seneca the Younger said:

Serious investigation? Former employee logs into his old employers system to get information? Unless Edwards worked at every club in world football then I don't think the fella is going to be privvy to that information...

Let's be honest, he was probably accessing his own hard work too. 

Archived