IGNORED

Kasey

Roger Red Hat

3 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Can someone in the coaching department work with him to improve his finishing when one on one with the keeper please. yesterday's pass back to their keeper was very similar to last weeks passbook to their keeper. Kasey, attack the f ing ball and bury it, don't try to look clever.

Confidence one suspects.

Look at Afobe v Brum.  Two one-on-ones, didn’t look confident especially on his left side.

Gets one v QPR and then looks red-hot.

4 hours ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Can someone in the coaching department work with him to improve his finishing when one on one with the keeper please. Yesterday's pass back to their keeper was very similar to last weeks pass back to their keeper. Kasey, attack the f ing ball and bury it, don't try to look clever.

He was cool and just tried to place it yesterday, it wasn’t a question of ‘ looking clever ‘ that said Row Z have nothing to fear from KP .

Against Brentford he should have just helped it over the goalies head. One of those things he would probably manage to get right nearly every time in training, but obviously in a match situation needs the composure to realise that's where to put it, and then composure to execute it. But that's where the obvious space was to put the ball.

Yesterday he really had to hit it hard and low. It sat up nicely for him.

I am pretty sure they did not even put that chance in the Quest highlights? Strange if they didn't.

I am pleased he has been getting in the positions recently though. I would have thought that was the main problem. He seems technically so good i'll be surprised if shooting ability is the problem. It seems it's composure/shot selection that has let him down last 2 games. 

Remember how Bobby Reid couldn't finish that well before that great season, so it can take time to become a goalscorer.

If Palmer can become a goalscorer, a bit like Daniel Johnson suddenly is for Preston in that attacking free role, then that could kind of solve the Afobe problem we have.

Yes. KP had two very good chances and came up empty. The one at Brentford would have been a game changer. However I am loathed to criticize a team that’s had the guts ripped out of it but is two points off the top and unbeaten in ten. 

Nevertheless target practice for KP please!

Archived