IGNORED

Josh Brownhill signs for Burnley; CONFIRMED

REDOXO

51 minutes ago, lenred said:

In Premiership terms though circa £10m is classed as ‘inexpensive’ these days - crazy as that is. And I can’t see him going for much more than that. Maybe £12m at a push.

Burnley are not noted as big spenders though. As to Josh's market value, similar things were being said about Webster, Kelly, Reid and Bryan, all of whom went for a lot more than the majority on here predicted.

We are in a strong negotiating position and Ashton has a strong track record. If our valuation is not met we won't sell. Assuming there actually is interest in the first place of course.

I'd settle with 15 million. Bring back Morrell or Walsh. But realistically we'd sell in the summer as I can't remember us selling big in January. I am sure we would, but I don't see anyone coming in for him unless they desperately need him. Do Burnley desperately need him now? No. Not sure who else may be interested. 

Maybe Villa are, as they've lost McGinn to injury, who knows.

19 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I'd settle with 15 million. Bring back Morrell or Walsh. But realistically we'd sell in the summer as I can't remember us selling big in January. I am sure we would, but I don't see anyone coming in for him unless they desperately need him. Do Burnley desperately need him now? No. Not sure who else may be interested. 

Maybe Villa are, as they've lost McGinn to injury, who knows.

Agreed. Definitely a position we can afford to sell in

2 hours ago, chinapig said:

Burnley are not noted as big spenders though. As to Josh's market value, similar things were being said about Webster, Kelly, Reid and Bryan, all of whom went for a lot more than the majority on here predicted.

We are in a strong negotiating position and Ashton has a strong track record. If our valuation is not met we won't sell. Assuming there actually is interest in the first place of course.

Personally would be very happy with £10-12m all things considered. Don’t think JB is in the same league as Webster, doesn’t have the potential and pedigree that Lloyd did (England age group up to U-21caps) and is in the same ballpark as Bob and JB. We shall see though if / when it happens. Hopefully just conjecture.  

32 minutes ago, lenred said:

Personally would be very happy with £10-12m all things considered. Don’t think JB is in the same league as Webster, doesn’t have the potential and pedigree that Lloyd did (England age group up to U-21caps) and is in the same ballpark as Bob and JB. We shall see though if / when it happens. Hopefully just conjecture.  

We will see indeed. What we do know from experience is that it is not a question of what fans like you and me think a player is worth, it's what Ashton can get.

Villa wouldn't go above £12m for Webster for instance but we bided our time and got what we wanted from Brighton. Plus of course Bobby and Joe were approaching the end of their contracts yet we still got more for them than was being predicted.

4 hours ago, steveybadger said:

There was also an article yesterday in the Times by Henry Winter, looking at the progress of last summer’s EnglandU21 team. In it he said Dasilva was (still) on loan from Chelsea. Just another example of lack of research.....

Especially as he’s a journo who is usually up to date on us. 

1 hour ago, robin_unreliant said:

I think we had to pay compensation as he was out of contract at PNE. Not sure if that compensation could include a share of future profit or not though.

My limited understanding of this is that any compensation value set by the tribunal takes into account the potential for profit, so in effect PNE would not be due any share of the Brownhill fee assuming he leaves.

4 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Did we pay a fee for him ?

Thought he was out of contract.

Sorry thought you were on about Dasilva.

Still don’t know whether Brownhill was tribunal settled or not.

It is likely there will be clauses built in whether tribunal set or mutually agreed with Preston.

See the link below:

http://fullcontactlaw.co.uk/2016/11/compensation-players-24-mystery/

19 hours ago, dave36 said:

Where is this interest coming from? Paper talk or fact? 
what we see on the pitch is hardly worth anything over 2 or 3 mill, he’s not captain material and his recent displays of ball control, or lack of, leave a lot to be desired

He wss given captain armband to sweeten us rejecting bids from prem sides for him in summer

3 minutes ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

Bristol City and Preston came to an agreement for Brownhill so not tribunal set I've seen people say the figure was £1-2m.

As he was out of contract I do doubt whether there are any extra clauses and it was a simple fee. 

So wrong. Was about 300k, with a small sell on

On 31/12/2019 at 09:36, REDOXO said:

I was told Enquiries for several players not much on specifics and it was linked to the earlier LJ soundbite regarding the squad trimming per my earlier post.

So like others I would be guessing myself.

(But if I were to guess and I mean this bit is me talking without input but reading a bit between the lines Baker, Diehdou, Elliason, Moore, Palmer, Taylor, Bentley as well as the title of the thread. I guess its predictable as they have mostly done well recently, also this may play into targets and our dip in form.

As i said this could be an exciting few days/weeks with incoming and outgoing, but again clubs sounding each other out is part of the dance in January. Apparently.

OK Palmer now obvious. Who next?

The worrying thing is the reports of how Palmer is not getting on with LJ. Another thread for that i guess!!

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

According to Joey Popes on twitter, only Brownhill didn’t report for training today.  He has pics of his kids at Failand, and in fairness I think he has some contacts (runs his own fitness camps and appears to know some players).

Do we need a Brownhill sale to kick start our transfer business ? 

I actually think the lad should move on to enhance his career. 

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

According to Joey Popes on twitter, only Brownhill didn’t report for training today.  He has pics of his kids at Failand, and in fairness I think he has some contacts (runs his own fitness camps and appears to know some players).

I really rate jb, I think it would be good for both parties for him to move on

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Fair play to Brownhill if he gets a Prem move. I don’t think I’ve seen anything in him to suggest he’s anything better than a decent Championship player. 

It would presumably allow more game time to Massengo who has considerably more potential. 

Could not agree more.

The love - in by some on here passes me by.

5 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Could not agree more.

The love - in by some on here passes me by.

Don’t get me wrong I think he’s decent enough and that he can improve. But is he going to improve any premier league side?

Not on what I’ve seen I must say. Then again it still baffles me that players like Freeman and Cunningham got PL moves so what do I know! 

We've seen how brilliant Brownhill can be. Let's face it, everyone except Diedhiou, Eliasson and Watkins have been below what we'd expect in general for a little while now.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

To be fair, Brownhill and Weimann both deserve a week off. They definitely aren't needed for the cup and they've been ever-present, playing full games and probably training hard too.

45 minutes ago, mozo said:

To be fair, Brownhill and Weimann both deserve a week off. They definitely aren't needed for the cup and they've been ever-present, playing full games and probably training hard too.

That’s certainly a good reason. 

Archived