IGNORED

Why Aint Matt Hill Playing Tonight ? ?

TomBCFCUK

Hill has played almost every game for four years under Wilson...M.Brown played once or twice(a couple of months ago on the right wing!?)...so what do you expect...M.Brown should of been in the first team from the start battling with Thorpe for a place...Wilson brought in players(mostly on loan) who were no better than we already had(infact they werent even as good!)...M.Brown would be quality by now if he played first team football...but his sharpness and enthusiasm must be nowhere now...Wilson wrecked a future England internationals career :D maybe I'm exaggerating but he really WAS class..

remember when Bobby Zamora was top scorer in Div2.. well in the England U19 side M.Brown was playing ahead of him!!! work that one out!! M.Brown was playing for England U-19 at 16 years old..

Danny?????

Yeah, nice facts. Your nicely proving my point that youth tem doesn't count for everything when it comes to first team. Burnell may have been better that Hill, he may well go onto to be better that Hill but at the moment Hill is better.

So do you just dislike Hill then?

Guest DANBOY_BCFC
... there must be some use for the best crosser of a ball in the club?

You are joking right? He couldnt cross his T's let alone the ball.

This is how it should look in a wing back formation

--------COLES----FORTUNE----HILL------------

--SMITH----------------------------WOODMAN--

-----------DOHERTY------ORR-----------------

-----------------MURRAY--------------------

----------GILLESPIE----HEFFERNAN------------

Back to the original question...-remember that(?)...it's only the starting line up that Hill has been left out of. I'm sure that we'll see Hill at some point this evening! I'm also pretty convinced that Ayinsah will not be starting against Torquay so let's not read too much into this, eh? :D

Scooter Red

He simply cannot play as a full back because going forward and his ditribution is simply not good enough and i would rather have Fortune ahead of him in the centre because of the height factor.

I'd personally rather see Colesy and Clayton in the centre as these are the future. This is why i feel we should have kept Carey even more because at right back he could have provided our back line with the experience needed.

Saying that, Coles and Phillips have played a huge number of games despite their age therefore should be able to help ease Clayton in for his first few games at least.

As for Matt Hill i would only see him as a back up for a centre back berth as Woodman and Bell provide us with left back options.

Hill is a Die Hard! He Gives his all. deserves some sort of role this season

So if I go out and give my best does that automatically mean that I should be picked? Just because he gives 100% doesn't mean he should be picked if we have better players available which we do in Fortune, Bell and Woodman.

I think the back four should be...

Smith........Coles........Butler.........Woodman/Bell/Fortune(whoevers on form)

Guest monster red

Bottom line is Tinman can not play everyone and he just wants to try different tactics & formations!! I,m sure Matty will get 45 mins tonight!!

Dont panick, it still pre-season, I'll be more interested in the side via Torquay Saturday week!!

:D:) :Party12: :D:D

Archived