IGNORED

Bristol City v Huddersfield - Match Day 19

Davefevs

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I am, bizarrely, a bit glad that Huddersfield scored twice . They have some Prem quality players and it shows how well we played to put five past them.

There are no easy matches in division and our win was a credit to all concerned today.

:clap:

Spot on Major. Huddersfield were not poor today, we played very well to a man.

7 minutes ago, Midred said:

Interesting results from other teams, Forest win 4 - 0 on Wednesday  then lose at home to Cardiff today! Not just us then!

Yep. Then you have Hull putting 4 past Preston in midweek and losing today at Barnsley, who hadn't won since the opening day.

Happens to every team in this league, despite what some on here would have you believe.

12 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Yep. Then you have Hull putting 4 past Preston in midweek and losing today at Barnsley, who hadn't won since the opening day.

Happens to every team in this league, despite what some on here would have you believe.

The Hull supporting fan i work with said to me yesterday that since Barnsley hadn't won in so long Hull were about to kick-start their season!

This division is absolute madness - to be consistent in this league you need to be a VERY good team, and even then i'd suggest you are going to take more shocks than most if not all of the other top leagues around Europe. 

On 29/11/2019 at 13:07, BCFC Grim said:

I do enjoy reading these Dave however you  could have saved your self alot of bother by simply putting......Huddersfield, what can we expect?...........another dull saturday afternoon!

Anything but. I genuinely think this league is for the taking. Most teams are very are bang average. I think we have been that all season are we are 5th.

Dont you dare change things LJ. 

Cocked it up Wednesday and knew it, today went with the type of formation the fans (who know nowt) have been calling  for at home and look at the result! Best home performance for a very long time, a midfield that worked together at last! 
Well done LJ, keeping it going will see us where we deserve to be

Not at match, only just seen the highlights. Great challenge by Baker for the second goal. Do you think with a different ref or if it had been the goalkeeper who ended up in the net that a free kick would have been awarded?

Also was the receiver in an offside position for their.first goal?

(Sorry, still.bitter from Wednesday!)

16 minutes ago, RedDave said:

xG says we won by one goal!!

Bentley made one brilliant save from a Kachunga volley (probably v.low xG).  Couldn’t see him getting a hand on it, but he did.   Then great positions when Grant (should’ve scored from a 6 yard header).  They had a few chances.

xG is having a ‘mare in the Championship.  We are one of the best teams at taking “big chances”...xG is so last season ???

Was Fam offside for his disallowed goal?

Brownhill definitely pushed by Kongolo for a pen, not given.

Archived