IGNORED

Bristol City v Huddersfield - Match Day 19

Davefevs

18 minutes ago, Midred said:

Not at match, only just seen the highlights. Great challenge by Baker for the second goal. Do you think with a different ref or if it had been the goalkeeper who ended up in the net that a free kick would have been awarded?

Also was the receiver in an offside position for their.first goal?

(Sorry, still.bitter from Wednesday!)

At the time I thought free kick and on highlights I definitely think free kick!

Dont think Grant was offside

22 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Really! When? Certainly not the 1st half challenge on Brownhill. which was a good old fashioned fair shoulder to shoulder challenge and not a penalty in a million years. 

I don’t think it was a pen but was risky by defender as refs tend not to let these go anymore.

32 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Really! When? Certainly not the 1st half challenge on Brownhill. which was a good old fashioned fair shoulder to shoulder challenge and not a penalty in a million years. 

Classic football banter. Everyone will see it differently. Kalas thought it was a pen too.

7 minutes ago, City_USA said:

Classic football banter. Everyone will see it differently. Kalas thought it was a pen too.

One of the great classics if it’s your way a pen if agaisnt you no chance :laugh: 

Would kalas thoughts be similar if 1 was given against him when he back :laugh: 

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I am, bizarrely, a bit glad that Huddersfield scored twice . They have some Prem quality players and it shows how well we played to put five past them.

There are no easy matches in division and our win was a credit to all concerned today.

:clap:

All credit to us for sure- if they looked poor, and I don't think they were all that poor, but their form under the Cowley brothers after a first couple of losses has been pretty solid. 

If they looked poor, that was down to us largely!

@Davefevs Agreed, thought we should've had a pen. 

xG...I dunno, what I have noticed when looking at it in depth was that it is broadly reasonably accurate but there always seem to be a large outlier, or perhaps some large outliers. Different models too of course...not writing it off just yet but if we're a large outlier, then long may it continue! Thought we were very decent today though and that's the most important thing that needs continuing!

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

All credit to us for sure- if they looked poor, and I don't think they were all that poor, but their form under the Cowley brothers after a first couple of losses has been pretty solid. 

If they looked poor, that was down to us largely!

@Davefevs Agreed, thought we should've had a pen. 

xG...I dunno, what I have noticed when looking at it in depth was that it is broadly reasonably accurate but there always seem to be a large outlier, or perhaps some large outliers. Different models too of course...not writing it off just yet but if we're a large outlier, then long may it continue! Thought we were very decent today though and that's the most important thing that needs continuing!

Was an entertaining point.  Huddersfield played their part too.  I wonder if their fans thought they were a bit soft today?  One cynical foul on Eliasson late on...I would imagine Livermore would’ve targeted him had it been Wednesday.  Thought Bacuna was good offensively.  Grant very useful.  

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Was an entertaining point. Huddersfield played their part too.  I wonder if their fans thought they were a bit soft today?  One cynical foul on Eliasson late on...I would imagine Livermore would’ve targeted him had it been Wednesday.  Thought Bacuna was good offensively.  Grant very useful.  

Nah, we bagged all three ... ??

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think we both agree that, played in the right role, Weimann should be the first name on the sheet, he’s such a clever player. The finish for his goal today was sublime...

The goal would be to have 9 or 10 first names on the team sheet. And I think 11 guys pretty much stated their claim today.. PS the subs were good too

6 hours ago, winsaw said:

442 with the players in there correct position, suddenly the game looks simple, that should be the way to play from now on at home, 

Looked like 4-2-3-1 to me first half.

Whatever, good game and good result.

Archived