IGNORED

Duncan Ferguson

harvey54

9 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Certainly gets the message across.

Do you what I asked you to do, or you're off

Post match interview tried claiming it was because he wanted to waste time and tactically made the most sense to change striker as he had a few on the bench. Looking at their bench they had 2 more strikers and Martina as options (discounting GK) so tough choice for a sub 

17 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Kean would be a very brave/stupid man to dispute that substitution with him.

Perhaps Keane is  hard bastard and would iron out "big Dunc" we don't know but besides the point that the manager is getting his team to play, it always makes me smile when its implied that players are physically shit scared of a manager.

7 minutes ago, dave36 said:

A manager the team would respect, like it! 
theres not much at the gate that would make you think there is any respect at the moment!

Game's changed=- Roy Keane started well as a manager at Sunderland, but lost the dressing room somewhat there and at Ipswich too, if he ever really had it in the case of the latter!

5 minutes ago, dave36 said:

A manager the team would respect, like it! 
theres not much at the gate that would make you think there is any respect at the moment!

I think the word used most frequently at Ashton Gate, is ‘ love ‘.

LJ talks about ‘ cuddling ‘ players ,what lovely human beings they are etc .

Does this equate to ‘ respect ‘ ?

I suspect it does but sometimes the players need to toughen up a bit . A good Sargent  Major type character to keep these young millionaires in check and push them to their limits .

I’m not sure the coaching staff play the ‘ good cop , bad cop ‘ routine when sometimes it’s needed. People respond to different motivations.

For what it’s worth I can see LJ getting ‘ nastier ‘ with frustration and experience. It is , after all , his dream job on the line .

1 hour ago, WiltshireReds said:

Big fan of Big Dunc. Made the right call yesterday, snowflakes didnt like it. Got the right result for his team.

A genuine hard man if you've read about the burglar stories ?

Up to him if he wants to make that call. What was poor was his management of the player, ignoring him instead of making it evident to everyone it wasn’t personal. Easy to sit behind your computer and call people snowflakes but it must be pretty embarrassing for Kean in front of tens of thousands of people and millions watching at home. 

Archived