IGNORED

Positives Yesterday

brad blit

Amongst all the doom and gloom I just wanted to say it was good to see Taylor Moore back in the team, his ability to confidently bring the ball out from the back and actually attempt to play football has been missed. Both Rhodes and Nihu were a handful but I felt he dealt with this both reasonably well considering he’s not a physically imposing or experienced as Kalas or Williams. Williams has done a good job for us with injury problems but feel now we need to go back to 442/4231 (once JD is back) and stick with Kalas and Taylor-Moore as that should be starting pairing long term. 

3 minutes ago, brad blit said:

Amongst all the doom and gloom I just wanted to say it was good to see Taylor Moore back in the team, his ability to confidently bring the ball out from the back and actually attempt to play football has been missed. Both Rhodes and Nihu were a handful but I felt he dealt with this both reasonably well considering he’s not a physically imposing or experienced as Kalas or Williams. Williams has done a good job for us with injury problems but feel now we need to go back to 442/4231 (once JD is back) and stick with Kalas and Taylor-Moore as that should be starting pairing long term. 

Yep. Thought Moore looked solid in the air, and fantastic at bringing it out. In the modern game that is so important and we have missed that.

Kalas looked much closer to his best yesterday. Bentley fantastic.

Just a shame about most of the other things we saw on the pitch.

16 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yep. Thought Moore looked solid in the air, and fantastic at bringing it out. In the modern game that is so important and we have missed that.

Kalas looked much closer to his best yesterday. Bentley fantastic.

Just a shame about most of the other things we saw on the pitch.

The midfield otherwise known as the engine room was non existent yesterday .

I suppose O’Dowda was bought in to add some height and Korey for his tenacity but they played like strangers and have never been introduced to our attackers .

I give credit to LJ for having the balls to bring on KP and NE at the same time and we should have won , morally but this is football. 

KP gets slaughtered on here but he needs regular game time to play to his best and to bring that out of his teammates.

He will make mistakes and we must accept that but there is a very talented player in there going to waste. 

He looks bereft of confidence at the moment. 

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I suppose O’Dowda was bought in to add some height and Korey for his tenacity but they played like strangers and have never been introduced to our attackers .

I give credit to LJ for having the balls to bring on KP and NE at the same time and we should have won , morally but this is football. 

KP gets slaughtered on here but he needs regular game time to play to his best and to bring that out of his teammates.

He will make mistakes and we must accept that but there is a very talented player in there going to waste. 

He looks bereft of confidence at the moment

Or just as fed up and confused as the rest of them!

agree, he certainly needs more game time

27 minutes ago, brad blit said:

I agree about Moore. He needs to start. But I would persevere with the 3 at the back we played yesterday and ‘’just’ sort the personnel in front of them (as just said in another thread).

2 minutes ago, eardun said:

I agree about Moore. He needs to start. But I would persevere with the 3 at the back we played yesterday and ‘’just’ sort the personnel in front of them (as just said in another thread).

If we do persevere with 3 at the back then we need to play either 3412 or 343.

None of this 3322 nonsense. It looks terrible.

22 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Agree with all of that but if Palmer has a confidence issue we can't afford to solve it by giving him games. Particularly when Elliasson can slot back in at a good standard, and Nagy and Massengo will also be pushing got gametime.

2 minutes ago, mozo said:

Agree with all of that but if Palmer has a confidence issue we can't afford to solve it by giving him games. Particularly when Elliasson can slot back in at a good standard, and Nagy and Massengo will also be pushing got gametime.

So how do you propose that we get Palmer up to speed if we don’t play him . 

He isn’t the same player as Eliasson , he relies more on linking play up at the top ( something which has been very poor of late ) and as such needs his teammates to be on his wavelength.This comes down to coaching and match time. 

Twenty minutes here and there are not enough.

Nic is great for taking players on and lumping crosses into the box in a way It is easier for him to look good . 

8 minutes ago, mozo said:

How’s he supposed to get his confidence back without playing games? Strange comment that.

Perhaps you’ll let him shag your wife?

38 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

? We had finally got a bit of momentum, lost that, left our right flank horribly exposed, and the Sum contribution of KP and NE was zero. A day for grafting our a point.

16 minutes ago, Chappers said:

? We had finally got a bit of momentum, lost that, left our right flank horribly exposed, and the Sum contribution of KP and NE was zero. A day for grafting our a point.

It was brave. Whilst a point would have been OK , Wednesday didn’t look like scoring we may have nicked it if we had scored first . 

To keep in touch with the top six we need wins . 

LJ was criticised by some for putting out a defensive side and when he changed it he gets hammered again . Bloke can’t win and just lately the bloke can’t win . 

LJ’s instinct is to go balls out for wins but he has had to temper this Roy of the Rovers tactics as we were getting beaten too often . 

1 minute ago, Shtanley said:

Embarrassing that he was even dropped from the squad. 

Positives;

the defence was quite solid,

Massengo and Nagy got a rest, 

LJ actually took off Weimann.

And Semenyo looked good when he came on - even if it was only once he seemed to get the ball!

35 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

How’s he supposed to get his confidence back without playing games? Strange comment that.

Perhaps you’ll let him shag your wife?

How many games would you be willing to lose while we accommodate an out of sorts liability? Genuine question.

I'll pm you regards your last line there.

1 hour ago, ashton_fan said:

Thought Korey did ok also considering he hasn't played much recently, apart from the tackle for the booking

Thought he was pretty non existent to be honest. Didnt look confident in the slightest and back off his man both times Harris cut in from the right in the second half. 

Whole midfield were culpable imo. 

1 hour ago, mozo said:

How many games would you be willing to lose while we accommodate an out of sorts liability? Genuine question.

I'll pm you regards your last line there.

I think the same amount of game time that COD has been allowed over the last couple of weeks. I’m pretty sure KP would have more of an impact over the course of 3-5 games than COD would/ has had.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

It was brave. Whilst a point would have been OK , Wednesday didn’t look like scoring we may have nicked it if we had scored first . 

To keep in touch with the top six we need wins . 

LJ was criticised by some for putting out a defensive side and when he changed it he gets hammered again . Bloke can’t win and just lately the bloke can’t win . 

LJ’s instinct is to go balls out for wins but he has had to temper this Roy of the Rovers tactics as we were getting beaten too often . 

Was a gamble, but was the wrong game for KP and NE, it was too easy to stop them playing, and as I said, gave them space to attack Moore on our right. Felt wrong at the time, we were disjointed, against an in form team, so I thought we were better off just frustrating and hoping to catch them on the break.

7 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

I think the same amount of game time that COD has been allowed over the last couple of weeks. I’m pretty sure KP would have more of an impact over the course of 3-5 games than COD would.

I'd personally rather have Nagy, Massengo and Eliasson start almost every game so I don't think Palmer could fit in my team anyway. Unless Weimann was dropped. 

10 minutes ago, Chappers said:

Was a gamble, but was the wrong game for KP and NE, it was too easy to stop them playing, and as I said, gave them space to attack Moore on our right. Felt wrong at the time, we were disjointed, against an in form team, so I thought we were better off just frustrating and hoping to catch them on the break.

Against an in form team, I had no real issues with our shape. Although not in any way an attacking line up, that is not the reason as to why our midfield was so poor. To many players just played poorly, On the subs, I thought at the time they were ambitious, as for the first time I thought we were starting really to get some parity, and if anything we were just starting to impose ourselves a little.

3 hours ago, brad blit said:

Brad, great post. Taylor Moore yes was a positive. However there has also been many constructive posts on formation and many different points of view which we can all appreciate and we all think we are coming up with the desired formation. You need not to forget what ever the formations have been over the past three games have not matched the opposing team. LJ at the end of the day is the boss that determines the formation and the game plan. There is also a lot of excuses on who is injured and when they get back what position they need to play. 3 losses now in a row will have a massive effect at the end of the season. We all know we need two or three more players, an additional forward, two midfielders that can run at defences and stop passing stupid balls back to Bentley. The cameras live spanned back to Steve Lansdown and I feel for this guy and he must of been pissed of with the dire performance at Sheffield. I hope SL shakes a few up at the gate this week as they bloody well deserve it.

I do not think any of us can keep on sharing the doom and gloom. However we did it in the 80s and 90s and would not like the city supporters younger than me going through the yes ‘ we got a game plan up our sleeve” this was stated on BE IN SPORTS CHANNELL 2 COMMENTER LAST NIGHT BY INFO FROM LJ IN OZ LAST NIGHT. 

WELL THATS MY DUMMY THROWN OUT OF THE PRAM TODAY.

29 minutes ago, Nomad said:

I thought we played very well for the first 14 seconds, then O'Dowda got the ball and that was it, game over.

That's very harsh. I reckon that move took longer than 14 seconds so we probably looked good for about 20 seconds at least.

Archived