IGNORED

Charlton Athletic v Bristol City Match Day 24

Septic Peg

2 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

Yeah of course and he's good but been at fault for a few goals and has dropped a fair few crosses, dodgy passes out whenever I've seen him play. Just saying he's not as good as people make out 

You must of only seen him play a handful of times

2 poor teams here. City had two good periods of possession did nothing with it and didnt look like we would.

Players look confused strikes starved of service and we look useless going forward.

Not good enough.....

Kalas absolute rock saved us from conceding 2 more.

We are not very good, weak midfield powderpuff strike force TOUGH MIDFIELD GENERAL AND PROVEN GOALSCORER REQUIRED before end Jan or LJ and his sidekicks should go........they wont its too nice here.

Just now, CiderHider said:

If we can't win this dont bother buying a striker(s) in Jan, the season is over.

Seasons Over when just over two weeks ago we were joint 3rd , I’m sorry but that’s a pretty big over exaggeration for having a small losing streak in my opinion . Refresh in January and Dasilva return could easily turn things around . Biggest worry at the moment is the gas coming Up 

10 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

We should not concede, we are back to our defensive back 5 with 3 holding centre midfield .  We have a chance on the counter . This is the LJ identify he has spent 4 years building . Efficient compact and restrictive hard working defensive unit. 

This is arguably the worst thing ever written on otib. 

and if it is indeed the identity LJ is trying to create then he should be sacked because we’re on the highest conceding teams in the league. 

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Agree. Don't really get many fans opinions of Weimann. He's been terrible every game recently.

Who over rates rowe? He is doing a great job at left back/wing back for a centre midfielder by trade. Thats not over rating him thats giving credit where it is due

2 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

Yeah of course and he's good but been at fault for a few goals and has dropped a fair few crosses, dodgy passes out whenever I've seen him play. Just saying he's not as good as people make out 

Who the **** cares if he drops a cross as long as it doesnt go in!? Happens way less than once a game, maybe once every 5? Cant think of a single goal we have conceded this season that has come from a dropped cross???? If we have conceded one from it then oh well, every keeper drops a bloody cross at some stage!!!!

Simply a poor game, 2 teams putting in good effort but lacking in quality. City look dis-organised and not wanting of the ball, wing backs not effected game and midfield are controlling game. Sooner we move away from playing 3 at the back the better, I’d swap Williams for Elliasson and Rowe for Dasilva going 433

This 3322 formation looks so terrible. I've been saying it for ages. Why does LJ keep using it! And why can't he find a way of playing Eliasson. What does Weimann offer other than his running out wide. Why not just pick Eliasson playing off of Diedhiou. At least Eliasson can do something on the ball and has a great first touch - something Weimann has not got.

Depressing, negative, making a struggling side lacking 10 first team players look like world beaters. Totally down to LJ. I know he's going nowhere...but nor are we under this inept coach. Feeble and weak. I feel sorry for him. Being humiliated. 

I'm at home. Fair play to those who made it. 

1 minute ago, GTFABM said:

Who over rates rowe? He is doing a great job at left back/wing back for a centre midfielder by trade. Thats not over rating him thats giving credit where it is due

People said Dasilva might not be able to get in ahead of him. Or that Rowe is player of the season so far. That's overrating him imo.

Well, I wasn't going to bother to watch today as feared another LJ clueless performance, wish I'd joined my sons who are watching PL on Prime now!

Started the half decent enough with some passing around, but longer the half went on the more wayward our passing has got. We seem unable to string tow forward passes together. Brownhill for the 4th match running looks like he is trying to control a bar of soap rather then a football. Weimann a complete waste of time again. 45 mins against a poor Charlton side and not a single shot on target.

LJ needs to go, we have gone stale and LJ has no idea how to inspire us to get back to winning ways. 

Johnson OUT, Hughton In for me.

4 minutes ago, westred1 said:

We’re just an average Championship mid table side; Bentley aided our higher position in the first half of the season.

We just don’t ‘go for it’ (Huddersfield aside) and we’re not as solid as we once were. Should never be beaten by a long ball like that!

We didn’t go for it then really either. Look at the stats. They had more possession and similar shots. We were just ultra clinical and got to play a counter attacking style at home for once. We were super efficient the first 20 games. Not many chances created but scored on ones we got. Was never going to keep happening

4 minutes ago, kivsy said:

I’d rather Bentley came out and clattered him and risked getting sent off , just runs out and stops. Pathetic 

always wait TIL we go 1 down

I am 50/50 it was a mistake but no way should you want that. Last time we had a keeper do that we went from coming for Wolves to 11th. 

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Lose this and LJ under pressure? Spent unprecedented money. No real injuries to deflect on. Next two home games huge if we come out with zilch today

I am so depressed with watching city I almost(ALMOST!) want us to lose to see if he would go. I wouldn’t care if we were playing well and losing but this has seemed inevitable even before the 3 lost in a row and today. 

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Williams, Rowe and Weimann.  All overrated big time. 

Williams was a revelation when he first started and when Kalas was out. Imo too old to play every week. They are all just average players and always have been. Even Weimann who you could argue is only streaky. When he scores he scores 4 in 5 or 7 in 6. Then will go 10-15 without scoring. None of these were the answer and we have relied on them for far too long

Archived