IGNORED

Luton

Robin Wood

First and foremost I am looking for a change to the current malaise and that includes a fast start, on the front foot and being positive.

Luton will be looking at our record and thinking exactly the same so it should be an open game.

There are no easy matches in this league and with all due respect to Luton this should be a game that halts the slide, but we have to turn up.

I don't get the sideways digs and derogatory remarks made for LJ it does no good whatsoever and nobody outside the club will no know what actually goes on. What I would say is that on the face of it there is complete trust both ways between coach and owner which is a rarity in the modern game.

21 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Yep. It'll be lifeless indifference with a bit of half hearted booing at the end if we haven't won.

Let's not pretend it'll be a cauldron of toxic vitriol, as much as people on here want it to be.

I imagine several thousand STH's won't be turning up against Luton.

The club should fear apathy, and non renewal, far more than a toxic atmosphere.

When they've lost the passion of the fans they'll struggle to get it back.

40 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Not really that hard to believe. The enjoyment factor doesn't necessarily revolve around league position

This is my 25th year as a season ticket holder. The club is arguably in it's healthiest position not only in that 25 years, but possibly in our history....yet I find myself attending less home games then ever 

That just goes to prove how dire the entertainment value is. I'm fed up with this manager, the most backed manager in our history....not doing anywhere near enough to take this club forward on the pitch 

There is zero enjoyment factor these days....it's been the same for 18 months. The last 18 months have been on par with some of the least entertaining football ive had the pleasure of seeing over the last 25 years 

Yes the entertainment value isn’t there, but it’s certainly nowhere near as bad as it has been. 

Fair play if you found watching us losing regularly in league one more entertaining than what is happening now but I can’t see it. Of course we all want high quality entertainment and LJ needs to address the lack of that, but to say this is worse than the spell between 2012-14 is ridiculous really

10 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

With all due respect, what a load of nonsense. This is rolled out every time we lose a couple of games and yet come the summer we set record season ticket sales again. If we hammer Luton at the weekend (not certain but we are capable), I wonder how many will then want to spend their weekends at B&Q. It was only a couple of weeks ago the phone ins and forum was buzzing about automatic promotion after the victory at Fulham victory, some people need to get a sense of perspective.

It is all about entertainment and value for money and not just about league position. I have said it numerous times, that if we went out and tried to play like we did against Fulham and Huddersfield most weeks then I wouldn't have many complaints about losing and the odd shocker thrown into the mix. You know like being a club with one of those "identities". What is ours at the moment in your opinion?

The football at home has been dire bar a few games in the last couple of seasons. At least the season when we played Man U/Man C we had an actual identity and everyone knew what they were doing with the high press, quick slick passing etc. Now don't get me wrong, that obviously wasn't sustainable for 46 games with the smaller/less capable squad we had back then, and I appreciate that needed to be tweaked/changed a little - but not to what we are watching now at home games. We look like a team of new players who have been thrown in together for the first time. No consistency at all, team changes game after game, and to top it off it is just terrible to watch (especially at home).

Unless I see a massive change in the way we play/entertain until the end of the season I certainly won't be renewing my season ticket. I will still pick the odd game to go to, and if tickets are available I will just do a few more away games and have an enjoyable day out.

Look at the likes of Brentford to us, they have sold plenty of players the last couple of seasons but they certainly have an "identity". They still kept playing the same way even with some poor results and are now benefiting from that, because players know their jobs so the consistency comes. We chop and change players/formations weekly and look clueless. That is where we should be with our resources and squad but are miles away imo.

On the same topic, my mate is a season ticket holder for the blue few - only a few weeks ago when their league position was higher than he imagined possible, he said it was a chore to watch the poor football served up and may not renew next season (has been a holder for 25 years). So it definitely isn't all about league position for many supporters.

12 hours ago, Robin Wood said:

I'll be there but I go with a group of 8 others 5 have said they will not renew season tickets as they have said they don't feel they are getting value for money I couldn't agree more 2 others have said they definitely won't be renewing this after 15 years wow well done Lee

It's certainly not value for money

11 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Yes the entertainment value isn’t there, but it’s certainly nowhere near as bad as it has been. 

Fair play if you found watching us losing regularly in league one more entertaining than what is happening now but I can’t see it. Of course we all want high quality entertainment and LJ needs to address the lack of that, but to say this is worse than the spell between 2012-14 is ridiculous really

You're right it's not as bad as it has been before, but for some reason it's just not exciting - I'm just totally apathetic about the club at the moment and I don't know why.

Obviously I want us to win, but when we do I'm rarely buzzing, and the losses annoy me but I'm kind of resigned to it at this point. Around me in the stand some people can't even be bothered to get up for some of our goals so I don't think it's just me.

It feels a bit like I'm going through the motions at the moment, this last year or two I just don't feel much passion for the team.

There's been poor football in the past but that hasn't happened before. Under Gary the football wasn't great but it was exciting and there was a really great feeling at the club. Even when we were doing well this year I'd look at the table, know I should be excited... But just not be feeling it really.

Maybe it's just me but it doesn't seem like it! There's just no feel good factor or passion.

53 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I never said the football is worse. I just gave my opinion on my enjoyment factor . I mean the whole matchday experience for me. 

It's woeful at present. I've never disliked it as much as I have now. The football is awful, the manager is awful, the atmosphere is equally as poor as the football and the manager 

The club needs a freshen up. It's gone massively stale because of what is happening (or not happening) on the pitch 

1 hour ago, wood_red said:

Look at the likes of Brentford to us, they have sold plenty of players the last couple of seasons but they certainly have an "identity". They still kept playing the same way even with some poor results and are now benefiting from that, because players know their jobs so the consistency comes. We chop and change players/formations weekly and look clueless. That is where we should be with our resources and squad but are miles away imo.

On the same topic, my mate is a season ticket holder for the blue few - only a few weeks ago when their league position was higher than he imagined possible, he said it was a chore to watch the poor football served 

Interesting you should mention Brentford. Useful example.

They started the season in somewhat of a 3-4-3, first 8 games 2 wins, not all that many goals. Selling Maupay looked to have done for them on the goal front front (5 in 8).

They switched to a 4-3-3, have often dominated sides and indeed in those 16 games have scored 2 per game on average and gained 2 points per game.

Clearly the system and the players are very well suited...I saw some of their game v Swansea when looking for ours and they looked really sharp. We'll do well to get a point on Wednesday. 

On the Brentford vs us comparison, there are definitely similarities in personnel.

Technical, nothing strikingly physical, midfielders who aren't huge bulk or height. I have a strong belief that the coaching, tactics and system are all to our current detriment.

5 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Yes, they've been through all that ( and probably decades more) and there comes a time when a cumulative effect of disappointment - and currently disillusionment and boredom  - finally wears you down.

I'm someone who is known to everybody I know as a Bristol City supporter, it's part of my make up, and next season would be my 50th consecutive season, but I've struggled to renew for the last 2 seasons.

I needed the football this season to rejuvenate my interest and support, yet it could hardly have been more depressing at AG.

There's something very wrong when lifelong City fanatics like me are left so deflated by an afternoon at AG that we're genuinely considering if we still want to turn up.

I feel the same as you. I started n 1950.

I suffered the three relegations in 80 to 82. I went away as often as possible even the 1-7 at Northampton.

But I never thought to stay at home. I lived in Shrewsbury for more than a decade, and Scotland two years. I saw every home game except two missed for illness. Loads of away games.

I never believed I would be so disillusioned as I am. I had a horrible feeling when LJ was appointed that the football would be unentertaining but never imagined it would be as bad as this. I deliberately missed a game against Norwich about 3 years ago and now the Blackburn match. I don't have any enthusiasm to go on Sunday, Wednesday and the Cup game.

When people like you, Nogbad, and me stop going, the club is doing something desperately wrong. I'm City til I die but will I go any more? 

He can irritate the **** out of me as much as the next man, especially when he knocks Eliasson, Taylor Moore and others in public.

But I am starting to really dread Sunday's game now. I for one would be prepared to let Charlton and the other games be history now and I'd like the fans to show just how much we love Bristol City. Let's not have one of those embarrassing games where people are abusing players (or LJ for that matter) for the very first stray pass or mistake.

A game where people are arguing among themselves over LJ, or we have subs booed and cheered.

We're Bristol City, we're Championship and we certainly ain't down on our knees.

As much as LJ can infuriate, and even if he isn't up to taking us to the "promised land" crap expression at any time,

he is hardly getting it wrong DELIBERATELY.

Come on OTIB, let's move on and start thinking about winning a few games and helping out the best we can.

COYR!

Archived