IGNORED

BCFC V LTFC Sunday 29th Dec 2019

Dolman Block B

Losing is not an option!!!
At very worse a point is needed. 
Don’t think the crowd will get to 20,000 but sometimes when the chips are down the players, fans and  club rally and turn in a huge performance.   
All of us want the 3 points even if we are down in the dumps with the last 4 results. 
If we can get the win and then turn over Brentford on the 1st Jan,  win a FA Cup game at home 3 days later against lower league opposition, then play Wigan away who are currently at the foot of the Championship we can push on for a play off spot. 
Bring in some quality in the Jan sales, get rid of players who add nothing to the squad and who knows. 
Luton have not got a point away since September and dicked us 3-0 at their place. 
So Sunday is a huge game. 
COYR

Luton have lost every away game since Sept??⚽
❌Derby 2-0 
❌Fulham 3-2
❌Birmingham 2-1
❌Reading 3-0
❌Brentford 7-0
❌Stoke 3-0
❌Preston 2-1
❓Bristol City.......

Club already sold 21,000 so officially it will be over 20,000 !! Not sure they will all turn up !

Hopefully everyone gets behind the team as we need a fast start. Last thing we need is nervous fans almost waiting for mistakes or an opportunity to get in the back of the team. 

2 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Club already sold 21,000 so officially it will be over 20,000 !! Not sure they will all turn up !

Hopefully everyone gets behind the team as we need a fast start. Last thing we need is nervous fans almost waiting for mistakes or an opportunity to get in the back of the team. 

Agree Spoons. But won’t be no where near 21,000 even if the club say so. 
Just hope we come out all guns blazing and nail them. 
Real opportunity to stay in touch. 

43 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Losing is not an option!!!
At very worse a point is needed. 
Don’t think the crowd will get to 20,000 but sometimes when the chips are down the players, fans and  club rally and turn in a huge performance.   
All of us want the 3 points even if we are down in the dumps with the last 4 results. 
If we can get the win and then turn over Brentford on the 1st Jan,  win a FA Cup game at home 3 days later against lower league opposition, then play Wigan away who are currently at the foot of the Championship we can push on for a play off spot. 
Bring in some quality in the Jan sales, get rid of players who add nothing to the squad and who knows. 
Luton have not got a point away since September and dicked us 3-0 at their place. 
So Sunday is a huge game. 
COYR

Luton have lost every away game since Sept??⚽
❌Derby 2-0 
❌Fulham 3-2
❌Birmingham 2-1
❌Reading 3-0
❌Brentford 7-0
❌Stoke 3-0
❌Preston 2-1
❓Bristol City.......

Luckily for Luton that they’re playing us .

Remind me how many games Charlton had gone without winning.

We must win . No excuses. 

30 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Spot on 

Wonder which  side will start? 

No-one not even the manager knows......COD in goal? Kalas up top? will be tough for the players who will be frightened to make a mistake, dont under estimate Luton either they will be up for it.

We should have enough to take all the points but I wont be betting on it.

1 hour ago, glos old boy said:

No-one not even the manager knows......COD in goal? Kalas up top? will be tough for the players who will be frightened to make a mistake, dont under estimate Luton either they will be up for it.

We should have enough to take all the points but I wont be betting on it.

Totally agree with that.

Luton will be more than happy for a point.

If that happens Ashton Gate at the final whistle will not be a good place.

1 hour ago, WhistleHappy said:

Every time I see or hear mention of Luton Town FC … I cant help thinking of dear old...

ae889554370084c56f656b3e8fbaae5d.jpg

Yet Eric's real surname wads Bartholomew. He changed it to Morecambe so as to see the name of his hometown up in lights.

I met Eric once. He was as funny and nice off stage as he was on.

I was 9 or 10 years of age and lived near Luton in Harpenden (this town often gets a name check in the shows). 

It was a Saturday morning. Eric was on his own walking through the village green with a long blue jacket of spaghetti (short spaghetti hadn't been invented yet)! I think my Dad must have known him a little bit as they had stopped to chat. Eric then looked at me and my young sister.

"Hello young man." Eric said to me and then promptly looked down at my sister before returning to me by saying, "Is this your wife?"

Until 1977, when we moved as a family to Bristol, my parents home City, I was a Luton Town fan from 1973. Never missed a home match etc.. Where City fans were housed for our away game this season in my day was the home end or Oak Road end. The away end used to be in the Open Stand (Kenilworth Road) but now has a roof. The Bobbers Stand that ran alongside the pitch opposite the so called Main Stand used to have seats. It wasn't until the 8Os that the so-called executive boxes replaced the seats. 

And finally as I reminisce about LTFC, I was already watching my new team (but my dad's team) when we moved in 1977. A few months later, Rovers were at home to the "Orange, Orange, Blue and White" (a typical chant of the day) so I had to go and stand with them in the open end at Eastville. At half-time, the speakers started to blast out Go Buddy Go by The Stranglers. A few Luton fans around me started to pogo as you did in those days and were immediately arrested by the Police (not the band)! Bizarre. Maybe Julie could ask retrospectively as to why they were thrown out of the ground.

In the early 90s I was doing a radio show and did a report on that day's match between Rovers and Luton at Trumpton. I couldn't stand with Rovers so went into the Luton end! The following week I was standing on the same terrace only this time with City. 

I have only been back to Kenilworth Road once since I left. That was in 1994 when City played there in a league match. I was City through and through. I can't remember much about the game except that Leroy Rosenior played a blinder as a centre half that day! 

My allegiance, however  isn't split between the two. I'm 100% BCFC. Why? Because I am! I can't explain it. Maybe I need to see a shrink! 

If you've read all of the above, thanks for letting me reminisce about my life in football with these two teams!

6 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

I met Eric once. He was as funny and nice off stage as he was on.

I was 9 or 10 years of age and lived near Luton in Harpenden (this town often gets a name check in the shows). 

It was a Saturday morning. Eric was on his own walking through the village green with a long blue jacket of spaghetti (short spaghetti hadn't been invented yet)! I think my Dad must have known him a little bit as they had stopped to chat. Eric then looked at me and my young sister.

"Hello young man." Eric said to me and then promptly looked down at my sister before returning to me by saying, "Is this your wife?"

Until 1977, when we moved as a family to Bristol, my parents home City, I was a Luton Town fan from 1973. Never missed a home match etc.. Where City fans were housed for our away game this season in my day was the home end or Oak Road end. The away end used to be in the Open Stand (Kenilworth Road) but now has a roof. The Bobbers Stand that ran alongside the pitch opposite the so called Main Stand used to have seats. It wasn't until the 8Os that the so-called executive boxes replaced the seats. 

And finally as I reminisce about LTFC, I was already watching my new team (but my dad's team) when we moved in 1977. A few months later, Rovers were at home to the "Orange, Orange, Blue and White" (a typical chant of the day) so I had to go and stand with them in the open end at Eastville. At half-time, the speakers started to blast out Go Buddy Go by The Stranglers. A few Luton fans around me started to pogo as you did in those days and were immediately arrested by the Police (not the band)! Bizarre. Maybe Julie could ask retrospectively as to why they were thrown out of the ground.

In the early 90s I was doing a radio show and did a report on that day's match between Rovers and Luton at Trumpton. I couldn't stand with Rovers so went into the Luton end! The following week I was standing on the same terrace only this time with City. 

I have only been back to Kenilworth Road once since I left. That was in 1994 when City played there in a league match. I was City through and through. I can't remember much about the game except that Leroy Rosenior played a blinder as a centre half that day! 

My allegiance, however  isn't split between the two. I'm 100% BCFC. Why? Because I am! I can't explain it. Maybe I need to see a shrink! 

If you've read all of the above, thanks for letting me reminisce about my life in football with these two teams!

Wow a spaghetti jacket!  Always did have a unique sense of style did old Eric ?

Nice story Norm,  (btw you weren't actually married to your sister were you??  .. just checking like ?

33 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Wow a spaghetti jacket!  Always did have a unique sense of style did old Eric ?

Nice story Norm,  (btw you weren't actually married to your sister were you??  .. just checking like ?

I re-read my post after sending it and noticed my spelling mistake. What a difference  a J instead of a P makes! Good spot

No, Whistle, I wasn't and never have been married to my sister!

Archived