IGNORED

City v Luton

City oz

Well this is not the main thread as others are far more better than me on OTIB on getting the stats correct and predicting who is going to play and who is going to score and more importantly who is going to win.

i just looked back in my city bible ‘a complete record 1984-1987” to see if I could compare some of the home games I would have attended during this era against Luton.

There are 3 I definitely attended and can remember 

1- 1980/81 - 2-1 win am but and Tom the sticks scoring. We then went on to better things in the next few seasons and those of us old enough will remember those great years in division 1.

2- 1975/76 - 3-0 win and yes again Tommy sticks netting 2 ( I remember when sticks lived in Whitchurch and delivered his milk) and the other goal was scored by the big cheese..

3- 1973/ 74 - we went down 3-1 and those of you old enough Mr Bobby Gould scored a penalty.

All of the above i watched with my dad from the East end.

here is hoping tomorrow will be a 3-0 win to CITY like 80/81 or we will be in the  s#@t and probably only 9 points from the play offs at the wrong end of the table otherwise.

goos luck to all you supporters attending tomorrow and drink plenty but be good.

COYR COYR COYR.

7 minutes ago, City oz said:

Oops typo. IT are not my obvious good point. Cider and red wine I have a better understanding for.

1- above “am but” is supposed to be Kevin mabbutt. 

Psst, there's an 'edit' button available for a certain amount time after posting, good for retro correcting mistakes... I use it all the time, and most of my posts still make no sense at all !  :laugh:..  ?

When ITV was a collection of independent regional broadcasters, each on showed highlights of a local game on Sunday afternoon.

HTV covered our area and usually shunned City, Rovers, Swindon and the South Wales three to show us the London games instead as that was a cheaper option. One Saturd\ay City having been 1-0 down at HT won 3-1 at Luton. Anglia were showing that game on the Sunday afternoon, but HTV decided to broadcast Spurs v Stoke instead.:grr:

Many City fans wrote in to London TV asking if the week after they could at least show the goals only for Brian the presenter to say "I feel sure HTV would have shown you this last week".

Archived