IGNORED

'Johnson Out' banners

Nomad

4 minutes ago, Homer Simpson said:

Whoever is putting these banners up is not thinking about the future or what may happen over the next few weeks.

They might be if it is SL putting up the banners :shocking:

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

We and LJ knows that what is served up on the pitch determines the atmosphere within AG and why the atmosphere has been so dull this season. 

We no longer have the likes of Scot Murray to tear up the wing or Noble with his skills to thrill the fans. 
The only two players currently who could excite us in that fashion is Eliasson and CoD but they rarely do.

I do wonder if LJ is too concerned about shape and consequently puts restrictions on flair players - shackles them to keep to their responsibilities rather than allowing them to express their talents freely.

Maybe there are quite a few better teams than us in this league that we fail to give credit to?

6 minutes ago, Highguy said:

Christmas is 362 days away?

Thanks for the heads up highguy.

Must get down to the shops today - don't want to leave Christmas shopping to the last minute.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

We and LJ knows that what is served up on the pitch determines the atmosphere within AG and why the atmosphere has been so dull this season. 

We no longer have the likes of Scot Murray to tear up the wing or Noble with his skills to thrill the fans. 
The only two players currently who could excite us in that fashion is Eliasson and CoD but they rarely do.

I do wonder if LJ is too concerned about shape and consequently puts restrictions on flair players - shackles them to keep to their responsibilities rather than allowing them to express their talents freely.

Why’s the atmosphere always good away from home if it’s dependant on what happens on the pitch?

1 hour ago, Olé said:

Are we sure this was City fans? It could have been Hakeeb Adelakun.

I had to google him. Christ. Now I remember. A cheap punt that hasn't worked out. Better than the expensive ones. And it's probably agent provocateurs, or so self proclaimed City fans who don't ever manage to get to The Gate. You know, a bit like half the posters on OTIB who want him out.

1 minute ago, Shtanley said:

Why’s the atmosphere always good away from home if it’s dependant on what happens on the pitch?

I believe this is down to the fact that the real passionate and vocal supporters go to away games and are all together and so the atmosphere is great and works as the 12th man. At Ashton Gate the singing stops in a corner of the ground, a small part of the Dolman and the South Stand. Then the singing stops when the ball is constantly played around the defence AT HOME, where we should be putting teams on the back foot, not trying to counteract whatever plan they have. Away it doesn’t matter as the expectations are not there. Ashton Gate is no longer our manor and it’s costing us!

1 hour ago, Selred said:

Is this even true? No pictures to suggest so. 

OP is related and I expect he would have been told this by the head steward (or senior one at least) that he sees when walking the dog through the ground this morning. If you want sworn testimony I can arrange this :).

17 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Maybe there are quite a few better teams than us in this league that we fail to give credit to?

Not me RLL. 

Unlike some on here I always give credit to the opposition on how they set up and played against us. Some other posters just blame LJ ...............:cool2:

39 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

We should arrange a game... Happy Clappers v Fickle Flappers

Whoever wins, wins the right to say whatever they like without being ridiculed ?

I just think that whatever one’s opinion on Johnson, waving banners like these before a game is likely to dishearten and demoralise the players - thus making a defeat MORE likely. I suppose that if getting rid of Johnson is more important than winning games then it’s arguably a valid tactic, but as a City fan I find it exasperating, REALLY annoying - and frankly embarrassing. 

52 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

More than 60% of OTIB members who voted in the recent poll, disagree with you. 

I do believe if he gets it wrong again today then the calls for him to go will become so loud they will be heard, and "no" I don't want us to lose today, I want us to win. 

Ohh come on .. 60% ?

Thats hardly 8 out of 10 cats now is it?  

43 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Can’t be arsed. You tell me. 

Ha!

Away fans at AG always make themselves heard and City fans are no different when we’re away. Fans are  all on a day out and looking to enjoy themselves and consequently make themselves heard.

Plus......if the home team are playing some decent, front foot football the home fans will automatically get behind them and front foot football is not something we get much of AG.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Ha!

Away fans at AG always make themselves heard and City fans are no different when we’re away. Fans are  all on a day out and looking to enjoy themselves and consequently make  make themselves heard.

Plus......if the home team are playing some decent, front foot football the home will automatically get behind them and front foot football is not something we get much of AG.

Exactly right that's what football life is about.

(From Threshing red using my account)

12 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I just think that whatever one’s opinion on Johnson, waving banners like these before a game is likely to dishearten and demoralise the players - thus making a defeat MORE likely. I suppose that if getting rid of Johnson is more important than winning games then it’s arguably a valid tactic, but as a City fan I find it exasperating, REALLY annoying - and frankly embarrassing. 

I agree.

9 minutes ago, Banjo Red said:

No fan wants the club to do poorly and hope the team lose but results need to change and fast.

You would like to think so, but I'm not so sure Banjo.

At the moment I reckon there are a few ( very few, I might add) that want another defeat, if it precipitates LJ's departure. They've wanted this since the day he was appointed head coach and have been frustrated by his continually being retained despite a number of poor runs of results in the past.

As Ive said, this will be a very few, as even though I think there are many fans unhappy with the team's performances of late, and LJ's over that period, the vast majority would never want to see the team lose, even if a win means LJ's further salvation.

59 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Belters, grow up. LJ annoys me a hell of a lot but get behind the team, AG atmosphere is woeful and it’s mainly down to non existent supporters who only ever shout to counterproductively have a go at our players and coaches. 

Nonsense, it's mostly down to the terrible football we too often have to sit through.

Archived