IGNORED

Fammy

BCFC Rich

Always felt that Fam was our weak link.  It's primarily his lack of pace that lets him down.

When he shows a bit of fight it helps, but he only shows that in about 30% of his games.

To be fair to him though, I don't think we always play to his strengths.

What I do find hard to understand is how he can win so many headers in our box when he can't win them in the opponent's.

47 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Always felt that Fam was our weak link.  It's primarily his lack of pace that lets him down.

When he shows a bit of fight it helps, but he only shows that in about 30% of his games.

To be fair to him though, I don't think we always play to his strengths.

What I do find hard to understand is how he can win so many headers in our box when he can't win them in the opponent's.

My view on why he wins more headers in our own box than the oppositions is simple, he’s always the spare man on corners not marking an opponent so unchallenged. At the other end he always has someone challenging him. 

8 minutes ago, mightyreds89 said:

My view on why he wins more headers in our own box than the oppositions is simple, he’s always the spare man on corners not marking an opponent so unchallenged. At the other end he always has someone challenging him. 

And it’s easier to head clear than it is towards goal.

13 minutes ago, mightyreds89 said:

Dunno about that ... he misses many unchallenged standing headers purely by a miss timed jump ... it’s comical some times 

On 29/12/2019 at 17:35, Nibor said:

Another player who played very well today and I thought his passing was fairly good as well.  I'd like him to get into the box more.

The trouble is, he does so much work to win the ball out on the wings from clearances & coming short, it’s nigh on impossible for him to then be in the box for any resultant ball & if he doesn’t do that original work he is classed as lazy & if he does do that original work he’s classed as not doing his job properly, which is to finish chances off.
He’s one man trying to do at least 3 players jobs & that’s before you take into consideration the amount of time he spends in our own penalty area defending corners & free-kicks & people then expect him to be in the opposition’s penalty area 10 seconds later. It’s performing a thankless task in many peoples eyes.

Archived