IGNORED

What I Thought Of Game

bcfcchris2016

i thought we were fantastic toniht. If we play like that all though the next season, we will be there come May. Every player impressed me today. Phillips made some great saves, Danny Coles was as ever rock solid at centre-back. Jamie Smith when he came on made some great runs on the right and made some some great balls into the box. Tinnion still has the skills at 36. Murray is back to his best making runs down the right and threatning the Pompey defence. upfront Gillespie looked great in attacking-midfield role. went back loads of times and was in the box for crosses into the area. Lita looked strong and powerful making some good dribbles.

but the player i most enjoyed tonight was Bradley Orr. He looked as though he has been with the club for years. He looked relaxed and put in some great passes. Great player.

I was impressed with everyone tonight. Bring on the Albion

Just got back from the game and must agree, Orr looked real class, he never stopped running! Also Coles is getting better all the time and Fortune looks the part. Smith the right back was also impressive as was the 16 year old Cotterill when he came on, its looking good!

I was there and I must have been at a different match! Fantastic match for Tinnion, great turn out, along with good atmosphere but it was very "friendly" like, the players made the same old mistakes I've seen City do and you did try to walk it in the goal. Portsmouth didn't care, like a light training session (as you'd expect in a friendly)

I'm not writing this to get a reaction but I've got to say some of the comments I've read are far to over-the-top.

Guest city4ever!!

I also just come back back from the game and what a game it was i think every player did extemely well il just name a couple clayton fortune - i wasn't sure about him before this match but what a performance he played tonight he was solid, jamie smith put a few good balls when going forward but also solid back, heffernan was good by running at every opportunity and getting into space but the best performance in my eyes was steve phillips what good saves did he pull of except that dodgy mistake.

There is so many things i could say about every player but i got to eat some munch. :D:)

Come on you reds

I was there and I must have been at a different match! Fantastic match for Tinnion, great turn out, along with good atmosphere but it was very "friendly" like, the players made the same old mistakes I've seen City do and you did try to walk it in the goal. Portsmouth didn't care, like a light training session (as you'd expect in a friendly)

I'm not writing this to get a reaction but I've got to say some of the comments I've read are far to over-the-top.

Now tells us how you got on against Mighty Grays Athletic, you plank!

Guest S_M_U_D_G_E

I thought we totally matched portsmouth tonight with fitness and possession. Only concern was that maybe we needed somebody to hold the ball up front. Heffernan seems a bit on the light side to be the main striker.

Agree thought Fortune looked class tonight.

As did Orr, Woodman, Phillips and Smith.

Thought Miller and Roberts made a couple of nice touches but were otherwise anonymous.

Didn't notice Matty H tonight, which I suppose in a defender is not particularly a bad thing.

Lita made one class tackle but apart from that was the poorest player on the pitch.

Overall though - very encouraging. The key thing I really noticed was that we seemed to have lost the tactic where the defender gets the ball and then hoofs it. Now we have Smith and Woodman being more aggressive with Orr linking it all up we seem to have backs/midfield that won't be overly reliant on long balls.

Nice. Exactly what we missed last season. With Miller/Roberts/Heffernan and Gillespie up front to feed off that we should have a fun season.

And we didn't seem to suffer defensively either.

Very happy chappy me! :)

And before I forget - it's sooooo nice to see play build up and then to see it not broken down as Lee Peacock would give away yet another needless free kick... :D

Match was brilliant and shame the goal at the end was offside. Really pleased with teh result considering they thrased plymouth and other teams above us.

Let's hope we cna play like we did today on tuesday

What goal???

Guest Champagne Football
i'm not blind i swear it went in but it was offside trust me i had a front row view

Yes it was a goal, the lepracorn told me it was.

Archived