IGNORED

Portway Park and Ride Warning

Port Said Red

Hi all. I know this is not specifically football related but I wanted to put it where most people would see it.

As I have done all season I parked at the Portway Park and Ride today and the catalytic converter was stolen/cut from my car. I believe the ones from my type of car (hybrid) are more popular for this type of theft, but not exclusively. I just thought any fellow users of the P&R should be aware. 

Also if anyone saw anything when they were parking up or collecting their cars, I would appreciate any information. The police have been informed and will be checking the CCTV that is situated there.

43 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Sorry to hear this, hope the CCTV comes up with something. 

I use this P&R, is there a place that's well covered by CCTV to park in? I usually park in the bit below the bus stops

Same here, the First Bus website says they have full CCTV coverage, but if these people were worried about it they wouldn't be taking it in broad daylight. I guess they must have stolen plates or something.

26 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Same here, the First Bus website says they have full CCTV coverage, but if these people were worried about it they wouldn't be taking it in broad daylight. I guess they must have stolen plates or something.

Yeah I did hear of similar happening around here, they just pull up, slide underneath with a battery operated disc cutter, 2 cuts, in the back of the van and gone in minutes. It does seem some are very sought after at the monent. I'm hoping mine isn't of as much interest 

it happens at work quite a bit,especially jap cars,petrol Hondas etc. hybrids will be at greater risk as they are not being used nearly as much and worth more as scrap. sometimes the damage gets quite extensive as the thieves just rip the lambda sensors wires out,causing damage to the main wiring harnesses

Archived