IGNORED

Wigan Athletic v Bristol City Match Day 27

BCFC_Josh

2 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

The league is still wide open 

the top two have only picked up 9 points between them in the last 30 available 

Very welcome win today , but we’re way off being play off challengers as things stand. Points would suggest otherwise but quality wise we’re not good enough. If and it’s a big IF  LJ can play a consistent formation with 3/ more compact central midfielder as we did second half and add a decent striker , hopefully it might change. 

22 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Ruin? It's great to win the game. We are all delighted. However: we were good for about 15 minutes of the entire game, so questions can rightly be asked about how we set up and started (slowly).

Valid questions, yes. 
inane personal insults aimed at our manager are hardly that..! 

You can’t have it both ways - it’s the result that matters most.

In past bad runs, reasonable performances that led to unlucky defeats have been written off. So, when a bad performance leads to a lucky win, you have to use the same criteria.

Often, lucky results help build up some confidence that leads to improved performances. Let’s make the most of it.

Never saw anything than at best a 0-0 draw or more likely a loss. We never deserved that but plenty have taken a point or three that should have been ours.

Paterson seemed to bring a calming influence and made others play better and do the basics right. Diedhiou worked hard mostly linking up with no one in particular but deserved his goal after having one disallowed and another skim the crossbar.

The Gods must be with us as we just got back on the coach before the rain belted down. ?

1 minute ago, Leveller said:

You can’t have it both ways - it’s the result that matters most.

In past bad runs, reasonable performances that led to unlucky defeats have been written off. So, when a bad performance leads to a lucky win, you have to use the same criteria.

Often, lucky results help build up some confidence that leads to improved performances. Let’s make the most of it.

100%

Cheers ?

1 minute ago, RedM said:

Never saw anything than at best a 0-0 draw or more likely a loss. We never deserved that but plenty have taken a point or three that should have been ours.

Paterson seemed to bring a calming influence and made others play better and do the basics right. Diedhiou worked hard mostly linking up with no one in particular but deserved his goal after having one disallowed and another skim the crossbar

Paterson prepared to make a tackle or 4 as well. Change of shape key though. They were comfortable at the back until Pato - Fam - Nic front 3 made space and created long overdue panic.

To be fair, I haven't noticed anyone who seems upset that we won. Quite a few saying it doesn't change their opinion, which is fine and frankly I'd be surprised if one win off a largely poor performance did.

What'll be more revealing is the people who won't be on over the next couple of days. We all know who they are.

3 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Paterson prepared to make a tackle or 4 as well. Change of shape key though. They were comfortable at the back until Pato - Fam - Nic front 3 made space and created long overdue panic.

Of course a change in shape that LJ is responsible for. Despite many calling him tactically inept over the years. 

People are quick to criticise LJ so I thought on this occasion where he got it right I should highlight this.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The debate is far more complex than “moaning” and neither does it mean anyone is “disappointed we won”, which is a claim being made frequently on this thread without anyone being able to point to any evidence whatsoever.

well said! I always want City to win...wanted them to win under our finest managers and our poorest...and I'll be wanting us to win long after Lee Johnson has left the building. Which I'd like to see happen sooner than some other posters on here because I don't think he's very good. I'm unsure what is so complicated about that and what some of the more provocative of LJ's glee club find so hard to understand?

Archived