IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL / W Championship

Leveller

FT 2-0, London City by far the better team. I'd go as far as saying on this showing they had 4 or 5 players who looked a level above ours.

Their keeper made several really good claims from crosses, but I don't think had a shot to save such was their dominance.

We still have a 3 point advantage but will have to play an awful lot better than today over the the last 5 games to keep it.

Makes this Sunday's game to Southampton even more important. They lost 1-0 to Durham yesterday...

Also, for those that hadn't seen, the team that beat City in the previous round; Man City; lost to Aston Villa 2-1 AET in the Women's FA Cup quarter final last night. 

15 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Our media team strike again….

I have noticed that for the women's match reports, they don't seem to include "Women" or "Ladies" when referring to respective teams.
But then for the academy teams, they do refer to them as such...

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/report-bristol-city-under-21s-0-0-nottingham-forest-5-6-pen/
https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/report-bristol-city-under-21s-0-0-millwall-under-21s/

54 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

Makes this Sunday's game to Southampton even more important. They lost 1-0 to Durham yesterday...

Also, for those that hadn't seen, the team that beat City in the previous round; Man City; lost to Aston Villa 2-1 AET in the Women's FA Cup quarter final last night. 

I have noticed that for the women's match reports, they don't seem to include "Women" or "Ladies" when referring to respective teams.
But then for the academy teams, they do refer to them as such...

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/report-bristol-city-under-21s-0-0-nottingham-forest-5-6-pen/
https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/report-bristol-city-under-21s-0-0-millwall-under-21s/

It was the 0-2 bit that troubled me 

• Like 1

Poped down the road today to get my Southampton v City on Sunday. Asked if they had  an away section, no was the ansewer. So i will be among the Southampton fans. I think the ticket sells are going well. Looking forward to watching the City ladies for the first time ever.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Our media team strike again….

REPORT: LONDON CITY LIONESSES 0-2 BRISTOL CITY

SUNDAY, MARCH 19TH 2023

City fell to a 2-0 defeat at Princes Park as London City Lionesses closed the gap at the top of the table to three points.

Now been corrected: REPORT: LONDON CITY LIONESSES 2-0 BRISTOL CITY

• Like 1

• Admin
6 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

Poped down the road today to get my Southampton v City on Sunday. Asked if they had  an away section, no was the ansewer. So i will be among the Southampton fans. I think the ticket sells are going well. Looking forward to watching the City ladies for the first time ever.

There's not an away section but I know City supporters mentioned elsewhere about buying in the same area of the ground 

@shahanshahan will be best to advise you

Just move seats on the day I can't imagine it will be that busy 

On 21/03/2023 at 00:13, phantom said:

There's not an away section but I know City supporters mentioned elsewhere about buying in the same area of the ground 

@shahanshahan will be best to advise you

Just move seats on the day I can't imagine it will be that busy 

Yes i am in the same block but a few rows behind. Will keep a look out for some spare seats near the City fans.

• Like 2

Hi @Roadrunner 

sorry, just seen your messages as I haven't been on OTIB in a few days.

The three rows we advised supporters to book in were Rows Q, R or S in Block 11 - but they have all sold out.

Coach tickets are still available until Friday 4pm. You can get yours here if you haven't done so already. Leaves Ashton Gate at 9:30am

more details:

https://www.bristolcitysupporters.org/city-women-away-travel-southampton-mar-2023/

Looking forward to seeing you on Sunday!

39 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

Hi @Roadrunner 

sorry, just seen your messages as I haven't been on OTIB in a few days.

The three rows we advised supporters to book in were Rows Q, R or S in Block 11 - but they have all sold out.

Coach tickets are still available until Friday 4pm. You can get yours here if you haven't done so already. Leaves Ashton Gate at 9:30am

more details:

https://www.bristolcitysupporters.org/city-women-away-travel-southampton-mar-2023/

Looking forward to seeing you on Sunday!

hI shahanshahan, thanks for the message, . I am in Block 11 but row W. I live in Southampton and went down to the ground on Monday asking if they had a away section but was told no. I did ask at the Man City game at our ticket off ice if they could sell be tickets for the game, but they said no. Any way i will be there  and hope to see you there and hope for three points.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

I live in Southampton and went down to the ground on Monday asking if they had a away section but was told no. 

Ah, I see. Yes, designated away sections is something fairly new in the women's game, more common in the WSL. For other leagues, it's up to supporter groups to arrange/suggest.

Not sure if you have access to OTIB on your phone @Roadrunner but I shall see if I can contact you on the day. Hopefully see you Sunday!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

Naomi Layzell is missing ?

And Palms and Syme on the bench too!

14 minutes ago, miser said:

Durham 3 -0 up v London City

This division has several teams that can beat anyone on their day, and Durham can certainly perform as we know. Fine margins, etc.

If London City lose again it will seen as a sign they might be getting twitchy as the season closes. Time for strong but composed hearts today.

COYR

Edited by Erithacus